Trump stiffs the IRS

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Al Capone comes to mind? ;)
Capone had public sentiment on his side because he opened food kitchens and built at least one school. He also did that other thing......what was it? Oh, yeah, he gave the people what they wanted.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
He's not "my guy" but if he has gone fro so long without paying taxes, either he/his tax preparers/lawyers are in cahoots with someone at the IRS or somewhere higher up the food chain and in either case, someone needs to be prosecuted. If it was a favor from someone really high up, they need to be prosecuted, too.

My point in bringing up the tax code and Sharpton is that Trump isn't the first and he won't be the last to do this, if the claims are true (I haven't looked into it yet, so don't kill me before we see it all).

New low? Bite me. If you haven't thought about how taxes are avoided before dumping on someone who brings up possibilities, you're going after the wrong person. Jesus! How many times do I have to write that he needs to be prosecuted if it's proved that he broke laws? I don't care who is in that office, I want a clean government but our government is run by people who don't want that. Blame them, not me.

I don't remember seeing your age but this crap has been going on for longer than my years and I have a great memory, so I remember that a lot of corruption occurred in the early-'60s, when I was a kid. EVERY administration had bad people who skated.
So you agree, he needs to go?

highfigh

highfigh

No, the problem is Donald Trump cheated it. Hard for you to tell where the orange stops and the brown begins!
You trust the report completely? If he lost money, his tax bill decreases. That's available to all of us but some don't want to pay taxes, so they find ways to avoid it. Did you see his tax returns? I haven't, but it seems plausible. Without proof, it's all speculation and third-hand info. You can stop kicking me. A report doesn't qualify as proof, even if you want it to be. Verify, verify, verify. If it comes back as true, nail him.

highfigh

highfigh

So you agree, he needs to go?
Read my last post to OldOnkyo.

A news report isn't proof- actually seeing it and having the IRS go after him is proof.

Since you mentioned it, what happens if he is removed? Pence serves the rest of the term as POTUS and Pelosi tries to remove him, so she can be the cat bird.

Just what we need. There's no provision for installing a candidate due to the other being found incompetent or guilty of criminal activity- they can't just slide Biden in, we HAVE TO elect someone.

We don't have a good candidate. I'm not optimistic.

highfigh

highfigh

Well, Abrams didn't screw the system as that implies criminal activity.
It seems from the article that Abrams had family medical issues and needed to pay medical bills. So, IRS took a back seat on repayment . Net worth of $108k?
I read the article and never mentioned Abrams.

highfigh

highfigh

The Trump tax deduction that made me laugh was the $70,000 deduction for hair styling while he was on that so-called reality TV show. $70,000 for that bad looking Elvis hairdo?

Trump has long had a reputation for stiffing small contractors for work they already did. He claimed he paid them what their work was really worth, despite the written contracts with them. I think he should have applied the same "business practice" to the hair stylist.
Seventy grand? For that price, he could have gotten an original Devo hat.

highfigh

highfigh

If the IRS is anything like the CRA - and I suspect it is - when it comes to audits and tax evasion investigations, they go after the low-hanging fruit, i.e. those less able to hide their assets and/or can't afford to fight it out. The wealthier you are, the more you can afford to hire good accountants and tax lawyers to hide assets or negotiate sweetheart deals with the taxman.

Court battles with wealthy people cost too much money- they would rather intimidate people into paying.

highfigh

highfigh

But if you read the full story it makes clear this guy is an absolute terrible businessman. It's what I have said all along, the apprentice is what he was living on. He is such a con man, it astounds me people keep falling for his BS.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
How many day to day decisions do you really think he makes? I wouldn't be surprised if he has a lot of people who blow smoke up his skirt. If they're honest and he keeps them in their positions (work positions, that it), he either does it to scam the system or because they have too much on him to let them go. If he was as shrewd as some think, he would have a lot more money but things count, too. People like to have things.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
If the IRS is anything like the CRA - and I suspect it is - when it comes to audits and tax evasion investigations, they go after the low-hanging fruit, i.e. those less able to hide their assets and/or can't afford to fight it out. The wealthier you are, the more you can afford to hire good accountants and tax lawyers to hide assets or negotiate sweetheart deals with the taxman.

Unfortunately, what's really happening is worse than is reasonable to imagine. A popular cause of an IRS audit is the Earned Income Credit, which is targeted at people well below the median income level, because the EIC is ripe for abuse, it actually involves the IRS mailing a check, and it is easy and quick to verify. Here's one article on the topic, there are many:

It is such an issue that the IRS went through the effort to write a rather impressive 50+ page academic paper about these audits:

What a mess. I have no doubt that there's fraud for the EIC program, but in the press the problem for some innocent people looks frightening. I've been the subject of multiple audits at the federal, state, and local level (they watch people with multi-state income closely), I don't suffer from a lack of financial confidence, and they're still unsettling.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Read my last post to OldOnkyo.

A news report isn't proof- actually seeing it and having the IRS go after him is proof.

Since you mentioned it, what happens if he is removed? Pence serves the rest of the term as POTUS and Pelosi tries to remove him, so she can be the cat bird.

Just what we need. There's no provision for installing a candidate due to the other being found incompetent or guilty of criminal activity- they can't just slide Biden in, we HAVE TO elect someone.

We don't have a good candidate. I'm not optimistic.
OK, I can see we have to play the 'lawyers' game.

Do you believe he should be re-elected?

highfigh

highfigh

OK, I can see we have to play the 'lawyers' game.

Do you believe he should be re-elected?
I don't like any of the candidates and honestly, I don't see how Biden will finish a term- he's much too inconsistent in his speech, comments, demeanor, memory, hell- I really hope this clip was doctored.

I do not agree with what Biden wants to do and I definitely don't like Harris. I'm not a hard-right wingnut, though. I just don't see anyone talking constructively about improving the things that I think need it.

Should he be elected? Only under certain conditions that will never be met.

What's your opinion on Biden saying that he wants to increase the Defense budget?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I don't like any of the candidates and honestly, I don't see how Biden will finish a term- he's much too inconsistent in his speech, comments, demeanor, memory, hell- I really hope this clip was doctored.

I do not agree with what Biden wants to do and I definitely don't like Harris. I'm not a hard-right wingnut, though. I just don't see anyone talking constructively about improving the things that I think need it.

What's your opinion on Biden saying that he wants to increase the Defense budget?
Obviously I'm wasting my time.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I do not agree with what Biden wants to do and I definitely don't like Harris. I'm not a hard-right wingnut, though. [my bold]I just don't see anyone talking constructively about improving the things that I think need it.

Really?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis