AfterLife2's Setup Finally...Brace Yourself and Always Thankful To My Audioholics FriendS.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Found the fuse. :p Gonna go to home depot later today. Hope it works.:confused:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Dang the fuses 2a 250v I got today at Home Depot both blew. It turned on with the green light and a pop sound but turned off after three seconds. I ordered some fuses on a Amazon last night but they won't arrive till Friday. If all fails I will open it up to see if anything blew inside.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Dang the fuses 2a 250v I got today at Home Depot both blew. It turned on with the green light and a pop sound but turned off after three seconds. I ordered some fuses on a Amazon last night but they won't arrive till Friday. If all fails I will open it up to see if anything blew inside.
continuously popping fuses is a sure sign of other damage/problems

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hi slip yep seems that way. I will try one more Fuse and if it still happens and will open it up and post pics.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well we'll look what I found. Hopefully helpful for subwoofer fix. Since my back is f up. I guess I can check this out. 2015 Edition.
GUEST_26168c92-8de0-42ad-bae8-f11a3063f611.jpeg

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Well we'll look what I found. Hopefully helpful for subwoofer fix. Since my back is f up. I guess I can check this out. 2015 Edition. View attachment 34620
I have the 2011 edition. It is a pretty good starting point, for sure. It is a fairly general starting guide, but it does have sections where it tries to give specific troubleshooting for specific types of electronics.

One of the most useful sections is the "toolbox" section where it helps you to determine what tools and measurement instruments you actually need to be successful, as well as the "Nice to Have" items.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I think it will be a vinyl day. What vinyl are you playing lately? Been awhile since I've played anything. Start with the underrated Gino:
IMG_20200324_114230_873.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Since I got some encouragement from you guys to put up these heights. :)I got these speakers used on ebay two years ago for about 25$ and the shelf about two months ago at 5 and Below. The hammer is new from Amazon for 5ish. I live in an apartment so I dont want to put alot of holes on the wall. Yeah I know I can cover them up, but don't wanna and blah blah blah. These will go over my head with the speakers leaning down for the sweetest spot. Now to look for some wires. Stay tuned Rah.
IMG_20200325_141414_038.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I think I changed my mind. Gonna use only two holes instead of four and use the two adjustment that come with the speakers and place on wall. Hungry gotta eat and resume.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Results and will test tonight. I like the way they came out. They are three feet up above from where the bookshelves are. Hopefully I can work on the sub this week. Back is still a bit weak.
Left side
IMG_20200325_162943_857.jpg

Right side
IMG_20200325_163057_916.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Clean up and Newer rug. Bought this a couple months ago and decided to replace the other one after cleaning the apt the other day. It has a cool Mexican/Indian look. Coolrific. ;)
IMG_20200405_132022_659.jpg

IMG_20200405_134934_347.jpg

Decided to hold on to the Bose for home theater use only.
IMG_20200405_140246_873.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Ok it’s time to open the sub. Sorry for the delay. I will post pics of the inside sometime today.
A2395964-E841-43A5-A2E3-CC0EF78A095B.jpeg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Acoustic Audio? Aren't those white van specials?
No just not a well known brand. Got it at my local thrift store for $15. Here are some pics I don’t see any type of problem maybe someone can see something I don’t? If anything I can always get a amp later on.
C427FBE7-18A9-4B51-9339-22F0F77039A4.jpeg

DE3097A6-FA26-43D2-B005-EE6C31D0F1B5.jpeg

I’m gonna have to get a site to upload the rest as they say the file is too large. Be back in a flash.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Here ya go. Let me know if this works:

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Someone answered saying:
Most likely one or more of the output transistors failed, that's been my experience with two AB amps I've repaired that were blowing fuses on power up. If you can determine which transistor failed a replacement may only be a few bucks. If you don't feel up to troubleshooting the individual components like that a replacement plate amp from parts express is probably your best bet.
Anyone know a cheap way to check a transistor? and which one they are in the pics?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I guess I should make a thread since no one is answering.:p:eek::(

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I'll give it my best shot...
1588776157934.png

Not much help, I know!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com