afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
g252PBDCB-o_back.jpeg

g252PBDCB-F.jpeg

Got this super cheap than the retail price on fleabay. Perhaps for a future buy of a Denon MC cart. :)
Thanks Mikado for your patience and help. :)
Pro-Ject
Product Research
Features

Phono (MM/MC) Preamp: The Pro-Ject Phono Box allows you to connect a turntable with either a MM (moving magnet) or MC (moving coil) cartridge to today's home receiver's and amplifier which do not offer a dedicated phono input. There is a button on the back of the unit which allows you to switch between MM or MC mode.
Metal Case: The Phono Box's metal case shields the electronics from vibration and electromagnetic interference.
Dual-Mono Circuitry: The Phono Box provides optimal channel separation through dual-mono circuitry and low-noise ICs.
RIAA Equalization: The Pro-Ject Phono Box provides amplification and RIAA equalization for both MM and MC cartridges.
RCA Connections: The Phono Box features gold-plated stereo RCA connections. A stereo RCA input connects your turntable, and a stereo RCA output connects your home receiver or amplifier. RCA cables sold separately.
Ground Terminal: The Phono Box also has a turntable ground, in case your turntable has a separate ground lead. This provides shielding to the tone-arm and the sensitive circuitry in the turntable.
Outboard Power Supply: The Pro-Ject Phono Box operates off of standard household AC current, using the supplied AC power adapter. The external power adapter is separate from the phono preamp to further improve sound quality.
  • Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 0.6A
  • Output: 15V - 500mA (18V)

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
View attachment 34019
View attachment 34020
Got this super cheap than the retail price on fleabay. Perhaps for a future buy of a Denon MC cart. :)
Thanks Mikado for your patience and help. :)
Pro-Ject
Product Research
Features

Phono (MM/MC) Preamp: The Pro-Ject Phono Box allows you to connect a turntable with either a MM (moving magnet) or MC (moving coil) cartridge to today's home receiver's and amplifier which do not offer a dedicated phono input. There is a button on the back of the unit which allows you to switch between MM or MC mode.
Metal Case: The Phono Box's metal case shields the electronics from vibration and electromagnetic interference.
Dual-Mono Circuitry: The Phono Box provides optimal channel separation through dual-mono circuitry and low-noise ICs.
RIAA Equalization: The Pro-Ject Phono Box provides amplification and RIAA equalization for both MM and MC cartridges.
RCA Connections: The Phono Box features gold-plated stereo RCA connections. A stereo RCA input connects your turntable, and a stereo RCA output connects your home receiver or amplifier. RCA cables sold separately.
Ground Terminal: The Phono Box also has a turntable ground, in case your turntable has a separate ground lead. This provides shielding to the tone-arm and the sensitive circuitry in the turntable.
Outboard Power Supply: The Pro-Ject Phono Box operates off of standard household AC current, using the supplied AC power adapter. The external power adapter is separate from the phono preamp to further improve sound quality.
  • Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 0.6A
  • Output: 15V - 500mA (18V)
Hey - I've got one as well! I was testing out different (cheap) phone pres and really liked this one (makes me want to get some thing better - i.e., more $$$).

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hey - I've got one as well! I was testing out different (cheap) phone pres and really liked this one (makes me want to get some thing better - i.e., more $$$).
According to a YouTuber reviewer it's the best pre phono(Pro-ject) amp for MC budget available. Only wished it had a volume adjustment. Hoping it's loud enough. I enjoy my other MM carts. Just want to see if the Denon MC hype is all that. Saving to maybe get it in a week or so. If not to my liking back to ebay or Craigslist.

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
According to a YouTuber reviewer it's the best MC budget available. Only wished it had a volume adjustment. Hoping it's loud enough. I enjoy my other MM carts. Just want to see if the Denon MC hype is all that. Saving to maybe get it in a week or so. If not to my liking back to ebay or Craigslist.
Oops - I meant the Pro-Ject pre amp, not the Denon cart.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Oops - I meant the Pro-Ject pre amp, not the Denon cart.
Yep I know I edited my post. :) I want the Denon cart hopefully it will be my last. How are you liking the Project pre amp hear any different from MM carts?

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Only wished it had a volume adjustment. Hoping it's loud enough.
Jose, phono pre's don't(to my knowledge) have any attenuation rather your Project will provide you 60db of gain in the MC stage, which should be plenty to feed the input of your preamp section of your receiver

Just want to see if the Denon MC hype is all that. Saving to maybe get it in a week or so. If not to my liking back to ebay or Craigslist.
I would be surprised if you're not satisfied, keep us posted ! glad to be of help !

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Jose, phono pre's don't(to my knowledge) have any attenuation rather your Project will provide you 60db of gain in the MC stage, which should be plenty to feed the input of your preamp section of your receiver

I would be surprised if you're not satisfied, keep us posted ! glad to be of help !
YOU'RE THE BEST MIKADO! THANKS SO MUCH.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Adjustable gain is that unusual? My ART has that....

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Adjustable gain is that unusual? My ART has that....
my response was more in line with Jose's 'volume' comment. I myself don't know of any that do, but, as you've said yours does have variable gain adj. The one that he has selected is a fixed gain of 60db for MC.

I believe there is a differentiation in what is known as 'gain' in a phono-pre and 'volume' of a preamp / linestage.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
my response was more in line with Jose's 'volume' comment. I myself don't know of any that do, but, as you've said yours does have variable gain adj. The one that he has selected is a fixed gain of 60db for MC.

I believe their is a differentiation in what is known as 'gain' in a phono-pre and 'volume' of a preamp / linestage.
I wasn't sure what it referred to thus my post.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Picked up some vinyl and CD's at my local thrift store. Sneak peek of the sub I also picked up on the left. 14 bucks. Come on get happy!
IMG_20200307_113930_659.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Oh wonderful. So the hoarders who stripped the shelves of my local grocery can now strip the shelves of Amazon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis