Monoprice crappy service

G

Gotguns

Enthusiast
Well I am a newbie to all this av stuff. I have been trolling for a while and taking tidbits from everyone trying to design my system. On black Friday I pulled the trigger on 2 monolith 15" ported subs, all was good right. Two days later on Cyber Monday I seen that rakaten had a cash back for 15% on everything monoprice website so I decided to pull the trigger on the monolith 7x200 watt amp that I have been eyeing for some time, again I thought all was well. Today I get an email from monoprice saying that there was problems with my payment so they cancelled my order and we're going to refund me my money back. At this time I am pissed, so I call them. I get a person that I can barely understand and ask her what the heck is going on. She said problems with payment so they cancelled the order. I said if there was problems with my payment how can you refund me. She went over my credit card, name, address all was right. I told her that I am expecting 2 subs from them tomorrow and that went through fine. She didn't care. I can't believe how shitty third customer service was. She said I could replace the order, but I told her that I got a deal on it before and it was only $1410 shipped, she didn't care and told me she could not help me. Is this BS???? What do you all think? What to do now? I am thinking about saying screw thier subs and send them back and cancel my credit card payment.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds like it might be an issue with rakaten FWIW. I have never had an issue with them in 15 years other than packaging.

G

Gotguns

Enthusiast
It was billed to my card already. I used raketen 2 days prior for the subs. All was well. I think that they took a big hit on it that is all I can think. The person I talked to was rude as all get out. I don't know if raising cane up the ladder would help or not. I want the amp but am not going to pay $240 more for something I had for less.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
It was billed to my card already. I used raketen 2 days prior for the subs. All was well. I think that they took a big hit on it that is all I can think. The person I talked to was rude as all get out. I don't know if raising cane up the ladder would help or not. I want the amp but am not going to pay $240 more for something I had for less.
Well, just try and remember, almost every company now a days has that one individual who can give them a bad name. Doesn't mean it's a horrible company per say, just you happened to get that bad individual or someone having a bad day. Never hurts to go up the ladder.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How does rakaten work? You buying from them or Monoprice? Your credit card limit was fine?

G

Gotguns

Enthusiast
Basically
How does rakaten work? You buying from them or Monoprice? Your credit card limit was fine?
Basically stores pay rakaten a certain percentage to traffic people to thier site and they share that with you. If you go to rakaten you click on where you want to shop and it takes you to thier web site. So in my case I went to rakaten and clicked on monoprice and it took me to thier web site. I signed into my account that I already had with monoprice and ordered the amp or subs. I get that percentage back from rakaten. Yes my card was fine. I looked at my credit card and it was charged. I was going to buy subs when rakaten had a big percentage and all of a sudden subs we're gone and back the day after the big percentage was gone, like magic. I think they messed up and maybe not making as much money on the amp as they would like and cancelled my order. The ride person I talked to today said she couldn't tell me why my order was cancelled, just that it was. I did nothing wrong and think they should honor the sale but was told in a polite way to piss off.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Basically

Basically stores pay rakaten a certain percentage to traffic people to thier site and they share that with you. If you go to rakaten you click on where you want to shop and it takes you to thier web site. So in my case I went to rakaten and clicked on monoprice and it took me to thier web site. I signed into my account that I already had with monoprice and ordered the amp or subs. I get that percentage back from rakaten. Yes my card was fine. I looked at my credit card and it was charged. I was going to buy subs when rakaten had a big percentage and all of a sudden subs we're gone and back the day after the big percentage was gone, like magic. I think they messed up and maybe not making as much money on the amp as they would like and cancelled my order. The ride person I talked to today said she couldn't tell me why my order was cancelled, just that it was. I did nothing wrong and think they should honor the sale but was told in a polite way to piss off.
So what will Rakuten do about it?

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
2 large online orders could have thrown a flag from your cc. Call them and see if they put a temporary hold. I've had issues with various cc companies around the holidays, they all just needed verification due to heightened security risks this time of year.

G

Gotguns

Enthusiast
This is not a credit card issue. There is no problems with my card. Monoprice says they are issueing me the refund and it should be on my card in three to five days. 3 days went by before they decided to cancel the order. The cancellation is coming from monoprice because of a "discrepancy".

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Not sure on the recent sale but a lot of times the Monolith 200w amps are excluded from discounts. Just a guess.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
2 large online orders could have thrown a flag from your cc. Call them and see if they put a temporary hold. I've had issues with various cc companies around the holidays, they all just needed verification due to heightened security risks this time of year.
I was thinking the same thing. I've had that happen before with back to back large purchases.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is not a credit card issue. There is no problems with my card. Monoprice says they are issueing me the refund and it should be on my card in three to five days. 3 days went by before they decided to cancel the order. The cancellation is coming from monoprice because of a "discrepancy".
Did you contact Rakuten?

G

Gotguns

Enthusiast
I have not done that yet, I will try that now. But at this point I'll still be in the same spot price wise. Loss on the Cyber day sale.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have not done that yet, I will try that now. But at this point I'll still be in the same spot price wise. Loss on the Cyber day sale.
Just seems to me that they're the first link in the chain. I woulda started there first. Also, no one is implying there's an "issue" with your card per se, but as a matter of security some banks and cc companies will automatically place a temporary hold on a card with big back to back purchases for "unusual activity" and not always notify you. I've had to call my bank before to straighten a similar situation out.

Your anger at Monoprice might be misplaced. Just slow down, take a deep breath and start at the source. Rakuten and your cc company.

G

Gotguns

Enthusiast
I get that, I will check into rakaten and see if it was on there end. I guess my anger came from the rude as heck person I talked to at monoprice. As another person said on here that everyone has bad days. I will look into things further and guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions that it was all monoprice's fault. Thank you all for calming me down and sharing another side to my anger.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I get that, I will check into rakaten and see if it was on there end. I guess my anger came from the rude as heck person I talked to at monoprice. As another person said on here that everyone has bad days. I will look into things further and guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions that it was all monoprice's fault. Thank you all for calming me down and sharing another side to my anger.
You're welcome. Everyone needs to vent sometimes and this is the perfect place for it, lol.

G

Gotguns

Enthusiast
Well I tracked my shipping for the 2 subs I ordered and it said delivered. I called FedEx and they have them but monoprice said to send them back??? I have no clue what the heck is going on?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well I tracked my shipping for the 2 subs I ordered and it said delivered. I called FedEx and they have them but monoprice said to send them back??? I have no clue what the heck is going on?
Sounds like it's time to have a nice calm conversation with a customer service agent and if they seem to not have an answer, ask for a supervisor....

G

Gotguns

Enthusiast
I just got off the phone with monoprice, she said she would call me back when she finds something out.....this is very frustrating.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I just got off the phone with monoprice, she said she would call me back when she finds something out.....this is very frustrating.
Patience, hopefully you'll get to the bottom of this soon....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis