What's your Favorite decade and Genre of music

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
achy breaky heart was my kryptonite

Achy breaky heart was my kryptonite. Oh yeah Kung foo fighting also. :)
Ya buddy, I still seem to hear kung foo fighting at least once a week on the radio, it was at least somewhat of a catchy tune. But David Soul, ( don't give up on us baby ) just makes you wanna
1574571277614.png

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
She wasn't the first to use AutoTune, but she may have been the first (most likely, it was a matter of someone setting it wrong) to use it so blatantly and annoyingly.

IMO, if someone can't sing to pitch, they should do something else.

Don't need none of that damn catterwauling! Now get off my lawn!
I read a fun story a long time ago about David Coverdale, and Jennifer Lopez who happened to be in the same studio, but different rooms of course. The person who wrote this story basically said it was so sad because David went into the booth and just killed it every time, first time, while Jlo sounded like a cat with its tail slammed in a door. They “tuned” the heck out of her. Sad...
I’ve seen Whitesnake live and can say DC can sing like nobody’s business. Haven’t seen jlo except on tv, and she sucks. Lip syncing notwithstanding lol.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
I read a fun story a long time ago about David Coverdale, and Jennifer Lopez who happened to be in the same studio, but different rooms of course. The person who wrote this story basically said it was so sad because David went into the booth and just killed it every time, first time, while Jlo sounded like a cat with its tail slammed in a door. They “tuned” the heck out of her. Sad...
I’ve seen Whitesnake live and can say DC can sing like nobody’s business. Haven’t seen jlo except on tv, and she sucks. Lip syncing notwithstanding lol.
Amen

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
This is what happens when someone gets their girlfriend into a studio with their money, rather than her talent. "We can fix it in the mix" is a sentence that should never have been uttered. Singers who have gigged for a long time are the ones who can stay on pitch- they wouldn't have lasted if they couldn't.

highfigh

highfigh

You think that was bad. Spotify just tried playing David Soul- Don't give up on us baby
I would rather hear that one than 'Shannon'- the local stations played that one to death. That and 'I Go Crazy'.

Here- YOU suffer for a few minutes-

highfigh

highfigh

LOL!

But now I have to reveal a deeply personal secret. Most every morning, unless I'm sick or have slept extremely poorly, I wake up with what I call the "Song of the Day" playing in my head. It can be anything randomly selected from my memory banks. It can include good stuff, awful stuff, or commercial jingles from decades old TV advertisements. It doesn't matter if I loved it or hated it. And yes, it can include the Captain & Tennile, Alvin & the Chipmunks, or the Flintstones theme song. But I'm proud to realize that I don't ever recall waking up to ABBA. Life can be surprisingly good if we only realize it could easily be worse :).
Try waking up to the music from The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Been there, done that, got the T shirt. Frankly, I always liked Rocky & Bullwinkle, so I don't mind hearing that song.

This morning… King of the Road by Roger Miller.
If I recall, that song was from 1965 or 66.

highfigh

highfigh

I can even listen to a few disco songs now and then. Like once a year for 3 songs. LOL :)
I HATED Disco when it came out, but if you listen to it, it's basically Funk with some changes to the emphasis of the beat, on 1 & 3, instead of on 2 & 4.

highfigh

highfigh

Been there, done that, got the T shirt. Frankly, I always liked Rocky & Bullwinkle, so I don't mind hearing that song.

This morning… King of the Road by Roger Miller.
If I recall, that song was from 1965 or 66.
I didn't mean only the theme song, I meant the incidental music, too. I worked with someone who said that music made his head hurt.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I HATED Disco when it came out, but if you listen to it, it's basically Funk with some changes to the emphasis of the beat, on 1 & 3, instead of on 2 & 4.
It’s actually between 1 and 2 and between 3 and 4. Counted as, 1 E and A 2 E and a 3 E and 4.
Disco sucks.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Even worse, when your grandchild has learned how to use Alexa. And all she keeps saying is " play Baby shark "
Oh, the pain and agony.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Jennifer sings? Never noticed one of her songs, think of her more for dance/choreography/acting....

When Coverdale joined Deep Purple I stopped listening to the new Deep Purple....might have to revisit Burn now (and don't think I ever paid attention to Whitesnake) based on your comments....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Jennifer sings? Never noticed one of her songs, think of her more for dance/choreography/acting....

When Coverdale joined Deep Purple I stopped listening to the new Deep Purple....might have to revisit Burn now (and don't think I ever paid attention to Whitesnake) based on your comments....
I thought Whitesnake was legit good for a hair band. Plus Tawny Kitaen...
43BFCC8F00000578-4840488-image-a-12_1504198748434.jpg
f8024db9ff03e618e787bfd2465afcaf--tawny-kitaen-red-heads.jpg

Then I stumbled across some more recent images...

43BFC15900000578-4840488-image-a-7_1504198717060.jpg

Good lord! Man, some people just seem to get addicted to going under the knife and take it WAY too far! She was so beautiful and let "doctors" turn her into something out of a wax museum.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Ya buddy, I still seem to hear kung foo fighting at least once a week on the radio, it was at least somewhat of a catchy tune. But David Soul, ( don't give up on us baby ) just makes you wanna View attachment 32377
So correct but I always changed the station whenever that song started because it was SO bad. I never heard the entire song thank goodness. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis