S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Not sure either how it's going to work with 4K players and blu-ray discs. Will the movie discs contain the HDR10 modified file or will the future players have to do the modification of the color and dynamics settings?
Probably players will have two HDMI ports, like some do now. One direct to the display and one to the AVR.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well, the guy at CostCo helped me finialize my decision.
I asked him which between the 75" TCL series 4 and the 70" Vizio E series. He said "TCL without a doubt".
I responded "so you see the screen size as out-weighing the Vizio's picture" and he replied "there's the screen size, but mainly the Roku interface is that much better than Vizio's" after I commented that I would be using an external Roku on either, to maintain the OSD interface, he didn't hesitate - "Get the Vizio!"
I know you guys know more about much of this than this guy, but it was the right conversation at the right time to confirm/finalize my decision.
Honestly, in store, both displays looked fantastic to me (I'm sure they are feeding a specially optimized signal, but they both had the same source signal)!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
For anyone in the market for a more expensive TV, this seemed like a very good deal (although I did not find reviews of this model).
It is an 82" Samsung QLED TV for $3000 at CostCo. IIRC, the 75" version is $2600.
The Model is QN82Q65FN.
Includes $50 Google Play Credit and CostCo automatically has a 2 year warranty (plus you can increase 3 more years via SquareTrade).

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
For anyone in the market for a more expensive TV, this seemed like a very good deal (although I did not find reviews of this model).
It is an 82" Samsung QLED TV for $3000 at CostCo. IIRC, the 75" version is $2600.
The Model is QN82Q65FN.
Includes $50 Google Play Credit and CostCo automatically has a 2 year warranty (plus you can increase 3 more years via SquareTrade).
Too rich for this music lover, but a pretty good deal.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The Model is QN82Q65FN.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q6fn-q6f-q6-2018

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Kurt, I just came across this deal on a 75" TCL 4K TV. It is available at Costco. Here is a link:

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/tcl-announces-1000-deal-new-75-4k-tv

The shop just recently installed a smaller (than 75") TCL 4K tv and the picture quality is superb. It looks every bit as good as my Sony XBR 4K tv. Honestly, I was a bit surprised that it was that good. The Sony XBR's are much more expensive. Anyways, just thought that I would pass it on. Best wishes!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The Q6 Series is in a different class than the Q8 which has better specs and performance:

https://www.smartreview.com/samsung-q6-vs-q7-q8-q9-qled-4k-tvs-2018-differences-reviews-comparison

The Q6 set is edge lit whereas only the Q8 and the Q9 models have full array led backlights and local dimming. This backlight system is superior to edge lit TVs, with more uniform picture and a higher number of local dimming zones for best picture, especially when using HDR.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just wanted to follow up.
I went to Costco to pick up the Vizio E70F3 for $780. I got it out to the mini-pickup I borrowed to transport it and it would not fit in the bed or across the back. I did not realize how big 70" plus packaging was.
So I returned it (since there is not any pressing need for it).

This turned out for the best because Dell is selling this TV with free shipping bundled with a $200 Dell gift card for $830!
So, if you use the $200 gift card (please don't twist my arm so hard) it works out to a net price of $630 for a 70" Vizio E70-F3!

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/vizio-70-inch-led-4k-hdr-smart-tv-e70-f3/apd/aa164213/tv-home-theater?PID=i85hv2te6mw5owkejlm59CW95DUesHj9&dgc=ss&dgseg=dhs&cid=248284&lid=9825&acd=1230924828498250c102527646

It should be noted that the gift card gets sent out 10-20 days after the purchase and expires 90 days after receipt.
I am sure this is designed to maximize the likelihood that buyers will not redeem it, but $200 still means something to me and I am all about "the art of the deal"!!!

Edit: Just for the record. I was charged tax. I don't know if Dell charges tax on everyone or if they have a distributor in Ga., but wanted anyone who might be interested in this deal to know they may be charged tax.

Last edited:
tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I went to Costco to pick up the Vizio E70F3 for $780. I got it out to the mini-pickup I borrowed to transport it and it would not fit in the bed or across the back. I did not realize how big 70" plus packaging was.

This turned out for the best because Dell is selling this TV with free shipping bundled with a $200 Dell gift card for $830!
So, if you use the $200 gift card (please don't twist my arm so hard) it works out to a net price of $630 for a 70" Vizio E70-F3!

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/vizio-70-inch-led-4k-hdr-smart-tv-e70-f3/apd/aa164213/tv-home-theater?PID=i85hv2te6mw5owkejlm59CW95DUesHj9&dgc=ss&dgseg=dhs&cid=248284&lid=9825&acd=1230924828498250c102527646

It should be noted that the gift card gets sent out 10-20 days after the purchase and expires 90 days after receipt.
I am sure this is designed to maximize the likelihood that buyers will not redeem it, but $200 still means something to me and I am all about "the art of the deal"!!!

Edit: Just for the record. I was charged tax. I don't know if Dell charges tax on everyone or if they have a distributor in Ga., but wanted anyone who might be interested in this deal to know they may be charged tax.
Ya, the packaging is huge. I realized that as well with the 75" I had for demoing. I first thought it would fit my wagon as well but there is no change. Luckily I asked the store before hand for the measures of packaging and I asked collegue to come with transporter to pick it up.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

Fiy: costco has free shipping too :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm thinking it would fit my Ford Explorer, and if not, a friend has an F250 pickup; but the Dell deal renders it a mute point while saving $150. The only advantage to Costco is they add a year to the warranty ... although I believe I could have bought more warranty from Dell if I wanted - I don't remember because I never buy extended warranties unless I have good reason to expect failure. For a LCD TV, I figure if it lasts the first year, it is probably not going to fail in the second!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Anyone know anything about this Sony 75" tv for $399? I've been itching to upgrade my TV. I have a 58" screen right now and could use 80" or more with the distance I st away from it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not a horrible review. Looks like HDR could be a little better, but I have no HDR right now at all so...

800 bucks tho. I don't even know what a good deal looks like for big TVs or what to look for.
New on Amazon for $1900. I got a used nice plasma for $200 (59") fairly recently with low hours and no issues, so used sounds like a good way to keep looking. Somebody's bound to want to get rid of something decent....and rtings.com seems to get a good nod for tvs so thought I'd look there.

ps $800 seems a bit high to me....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
New on Amazon for $1900. I got a used nice plasma for $200 (59") fairly recently with low hours and no issues, so used sounds like a good way to keep looking. Somebody's bound to want to get rid of something decent....and rtings.com seems to get a good nod for tvs so thought I'd look there.

ps $800 seems a bit high to me....
Me too. I just started really looking. I think I'm gonna want at least 75". Bigger if I can find a deal. I'm tired if squinting at the TV. It affects my gaming experience too, especially shooters and Borderlands 3 is out now.

*Edit: After experiencing 4k I can absolutely be happy with 1080p as long as it's big enough and decent quality. Thing is, everything is 4k now.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Me too. I just started really looking. I think I'm gonna want at least 75". Bigger if I can find a deal. I'm tired if squinting at the TV. It affects my gaming experience too, especially shooters and Borderlands 3 is out now.

*Edit: After experiencing 4k I can absolutely be happy with 1080p as long as it's big enough and decent quality. Thing is, everything is 4k now.
I'd be good with 1080p....and am, altho I do have a bluray player capable of 4k....but streaming 4k not possible with my internet service and the blurays I rent from Netflix aren't 4k either. So I don't think I'm going to worry about it :) Especially if you sit at a long distance from the screen....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis