JBL Studio 590s $499 free ship plus $30 gift card

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I didn't see the $30 gift card.
If you consider it $469, I think that's the best price in the last couple of years!
But, as a caution, check the dimensions. These are very large boxes!
Great speakers, but they're not going to tuck out of the way!

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
I didn't see the $30 gift card.
If you consider it $469, I think that's the best price in the last couple of years!
But, as a caution, check the dimensions. These are very large boxes!
Great speakers, but they're not going to tuck out of the way!
812A3E80-8C1E-45C1-BA56-853749EC5677.jpeg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm starting to get the feeling you better get these now or possibly miss the chance......

B

bigkrazy155

Audioholic
I'm starting to get the feeling you better get these now or possibly miss the chance......
I think you might be right. I'm very tempted to just buy them and short circuit my plan to audition several different speakers first. (Klipsch, SVS, Infinity, Polk, Paradigm). I'd also like to be able to snag the 530s though. Decisions, decisions!

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yup, this many frequent half price sales just screams "clearing inventory."

I hope they have something even better coming down the pipe but I wouldn't be surprised if they downsize their consumer offerings like most others have been.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Can you all please quit posting these speakers! I really don’t need them. To justify buying them I would have to sell my B&W’s. I hate the hassle of selling stuff.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

I hope they have something even better coming down the pipe but I wouldn't be surprised if they downsize their consumer offerings like most others have been.
They have let go most of the design team a while back including Greg Timbers who designed these.....

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Can you all please quit posting these speakers! I really don’t need them. To justify buying them I would have to sell my B&W’s. I hate the hassle of selling stuff.
Where do you live? Maybe you can find some to listen to locally to help you decide!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why would the price have you sell speakers you have liked? You don't have setups in more than one room? :)

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
System one: Denon 4500 5.2 B&W SVS family room.
System two: Onkyo Integra Klipsch 2.1 living room.
System 3: Onkyo 610 pro. Office with cheap speakers.
System 4 old Kenwood receiver, Sony and Bose bookshelf speakers. Garage
System 4: Samsung sound bar w sub. Bedroom.
Yes, I need to move some stuff to make room for anything also I buy. You guys are not really helping me.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have given up on trying to predict when these will run out/discontinue!
The 530's have been gone for for quite a while (I'm thinking close to 2 years?) and they are suddenly back on the shelf!
In a way, it is surprising that JBL has't introduced a mk2 version, but the nice thing is these are now being discounted as if they were the previous generation.
We did see an update with the JBL LSR 305 monitors on the pro-audio end of things.
Maybe since they lost so much of their design staff they are just milking the old designs for as long as people will buy them. Certainly all research and development costs have been recouped by now, so that may be part of the reason they are readily discounting them.!
They are also bypassing the traditional distribution costs! AFAIK, they are only selling them direct and through high volume retailers like NewEgg and Amazon!

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL!
I seriously thought you made that up, but Googled it to see if it was some sort of Simpsons reference or something!
Congrats on living in a town with such a name!
Always fun even if you live in the area. There was also Dr Demento's theme song of Pico and Sepulveda (an intersection I used to spend a lot of time near when I lived in the area, just more fun names)

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Heh you're not the only one fighting the urge! But damn I only have 3k left to pay off my car and I'm not going to diverge when I'm this close! Like I mentioned elsewhere it's a good thing the cherry finish isn't available in the US or I wouldn't be able to resist.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
LOL!
I seriously thought you made that up, but Googled it to see if it was some sort of Simpsons reference or something!
Congrats on living in a town with such a name!
C'mon, you never seen Next Friday where Craig goes to live in Rancho Cucamonga?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis