D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay guys here goes promised you a review of something today

In boxing always very well done great instructions on how to unpack came with the standard, metal grill, power cord, manual and registration info
20190220_145826.jpg
Look at the size it's as big as the RSL speedwoofer 10s. The weight wasn't crazy either but it's DENSE. BUILT like a frickin boulder.
20190220_150216.jpg
Okay check out the woofer definetly see the 13 inches next to the 10 on the RSL
20190220_150231.jpg
Placed it in my best measuring spot in the room the right corner of the front wall where the TV is set up!
20190220_151622.jpg
20190220_151651.jpg
Okay now to dial her in and test her out I'll be back later with some feedback!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok boyzzzzz and girrrrllllzzz addresses and gentlemaaaannnsss

Here goes!

Setup

SVS is getting me too spoiled with this phone app the PB 4000 now this I just laid down in my bed and once it was plugged into the avr? Everything was done from my lazy ass back room gain phase adjustment volume etc etc and it was setup in like 10min

Gone are the days of listening getting up fiddling with the knobs going back listening getting up repeating process repeating process repeating process until you finally get it right
Nope! Flat on my back in music and movies I got to tweak and fiddle and calibrate and adjust and lock in settings for both all on the fly in less then 10 to 15min it's done! Subwoofer Nirvana Heaven! Your spoiling me SVS!

Okay gotta go walk the dogs there flipping out since I let this baby rip! When I get back I'll tell you what I think about music and movies

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok I'm back for the attack!
Threw some Dokken at you. Yeah I'm old school like that lol

Okay started with music after just a few tweaks on the reciever and in the app it blends perfectly. One sub is harder to not localize but I couldn't tell where it was coming from.

Threw some Deadmaus something inside of me at it
The Prodigy Climbatize
Kill Bill Don't let me be Misunderstood
Starboy The Weekend
Zack Henley Don't get in my way
Ordinary Life Cruel Intentions
Euriel Hate Me
Phill Collins Mama from genesis I don't care anymore

I could just keep going this beauty makes it so easy to listen to music I love my Speedwoofer RSL and with music it's exceptional .....until you compare it to something like this. Which isn't knocking it

The SB 3000 just crushes it speed transients stop and start power depth. It had more power and was louder then the RSL. But it didn't sound louder. I know huh? It hits so hard and fast blends so well but unlike even great musical ported subs it doesn't shake or rattle tgings. It's not boomy. Just hits hard fast tight and so cleeeeaaann. The house doesn't shake but man you feel it punching you you just feel it in your body when it hits you

I forgot how much I loved a good sealed sub I love sealed speakers just not a lot out there at price points I can get too. Till now!

Okay for movies I put on I am Number 4 it has some really cool bass scenes my favorites are when on the football field when he shoots that dude with the light from his hand his lumen? And blows him up

Well so far I had been liking it a lot but my subs need to do both. And I went into this with this thought well I might really like it but it's probably not gonna have that punch for movies I love so much.

Ummmmmm I popped that scene in before I was ready only had the avr on 66 on volume not quiet but not crazy loud either.

And BWAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM! I dropped the remote and was like Holy Sh@$!t Batman! I remember saying Holy St$!t just laughing and playing that scene again and again and again.

The dog fighting the bat in the showers his protector during the face off at the school.
And if you think that was awesome you should've heard it when I had it at 72. Reference is 82 on the Onkyo but 72 was as far as I could handle it.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay to wrap this up for now I gotta say
I didn't know if I was going to keep this sub

I thought I might enjoy for music miss some off of the movies. I thought well I already turned down the ge5's after your guys help on a setup issue fixed my tower issue

I'll take this back if I dont like it already bought some amps. I mean I don't want to part with a 1000 bucks if I don't have to So............

You know what? This baby ain't going back!
No it's not! It's not going back it's never leaving my room and IM NOT SHARING!!!!! Unless your from Audioholics I'll let you come in and listen but NOBODY ELSE!!! It's all MINE!!!! You hear me!!!!!

I really really loved this sub bravo SVS very very well done!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Pros: SVS impeccable customer service & bill of rights
Packaging and ease of removal manual and instructions
Ease of setup phone app so Damn headache free and simple!
Output is out of this world even on movies I don't know how they pulled that off in this small box
Clarity just an excellent top notch sealed sub punch definition speed transients lack of distortion it sounds so clean yet hits so hard
WEIGHT such great performance but it weighs so light compared to the 4000 and ultra series. That is a huge relief on flexibility and setup

Cons
Can't think of many
I suspect and I kind off felt that punch in the upper bass region was not as hefty as the lower end
I felt and that's common with SVS subs that with that new split coil and other innovations they would chase deep even in sealed and give up a little up top
Just feel like its missing a little punch in the upper regions. But when I mean missing it has PLENTY just not quiet as strong as what you feel as you drop past that point. It's very very minute but still you can pick up on it in ceartin songs movies etc
This is just nitpicking mind you I wasn't cpmplaining of the upper bass I got. Just could tell when it started to back off a touch. But I had to really be listening and nitpicking for it
Value 5 out of 5 stars
Output 5 out of 5 stars
Music 5 out of 5 stars
Movies 4.8 out of 5 stars just for that slight slight upper bass thing still surprised by how high it scored I'm a ported guy didn't see it doing this good on movies
Performance 4.75 out of 5 stars due to my one slight nitpick.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Room size 15 long by 13 wide by 10 high

Equipment used onkyo TXnr809. Sony blue ray player just there last good 1080p model before 4k Netflix blueray and Tidal and Spotify over blue tooth (sorry don't have a lot of high end sources in the bedroom)

I want to thank all my friends at audioholics
say hi to my mom my awesome sales guys at Bjorn's this review couldn't happen if you weren't there to take my money God for creating audio in the first place

And I want to assure you no animals or humans were harmed in the creation of this review. Unless they live under my house. And if they do Id like to take this moment to say I'm sorry

Oh and P.S. I want to go duals but I'm not sure I really want to go there now. This one knocked my socks off I'm not sure I could handle 2. But I might just try anyway!!!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Nice to see you enjoy your new subwoofer. Hopefully I will be getting the 3000s to review sometime this spring. So many subwoofers, so little time...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Nice to see you enjoy your new subwoofer. Hopefully I will be getting the 3000s to review sometime this spring. So many subwoofers, so little time...
Ohhhhhh the things we do get through the day..... Sigggghhhhh... How do you do it Shady!?:D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Okay to wrap this up for now I gotta say
I didn't know if I was going to keep this sub

I thought I might enjoy for music miss some off of the movies. I thought well I already turned down the ge5's after your guys help on a setup issue fixed my tower issue

I'll take this back if I dont like it already bought some amps. I mean I don't want to part with a 1000 bucks if I don't have to So............

You know what? This baby ain't going back!
No it's not! It's not going back it's never leaving my room and IM NOT SHARING!!!!! Unless your from Audioholics I'll let you come in and listen but NOBODY ELSE!!! It's all MINE!!!! You hear me!!!!!

I really really loved this sub bravo SVS very very well done!
But it doesn’t have any PORTS, Danzilla! And best I can tell, most of us AHers are dudes. :p HA!!!
Glad it’s bumpin for you!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I want to go duals but I'm not sure I really want to go there now. This one knocked my socks off I'm not sure I could handle 2. But I might just try anyway!!!
Put cinder block risers under your bed posts! You could easily fit a FEW under there. o_O:cool:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
But it doesn’t have any PORTS, Danzilla! And best I can tell, most of us AHers are dudes. :p HA!!!
Glad it’s bumpin for you!
Ooh maaaann!!!! I was gonna make a crack about the ports first..... At least someone did.

Thanks for sharing @danzilla. Good stuff.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do we tell him about Stereo Integrity?

Hmmm...

Nah, we shouldn't.

:oops:did I just type that out loud?:rolleyes:

:p;):cool:
I was gonna hold out. I think he's previously nixed the idea altogether, tho. I'm waiting on your build thread to get my jollies....someday I'll even do my final SI build for my last two SI HT18D2s. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Its gonna happen... but TLS is doing his damndest to convince me to build what I wanted to all along which would be a TL Sub. Dunno if its feasible, or how big it would actually be, but that was a fantasy.

Might start a bit smaller. ;)
*blushes

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis