12 months & $36,000 later - System Progress over 2018

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
Came across this post in reddit and almost cracked up laughing. If I made over a 100k, I'd probably do the same thing with my $$$ :). The 10k RHB towers are my current dream speakers. This post pretty much sums up the hobby ;). Check out his set up, pretty sweet...

Actually, the guy that I sold my Klipsch RP series too was a huge Klipsch guy and invited me over to listen to his La Scalas. Need make that drive soon. Very interested to hear what 5k of horn speakers sound like.

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
Actually, the guy that I sold my Klipsch RP series too was a huge Klipsch guy and invited me over to listen to his La Scalas. Need make that drive soon. Very interested to hear what 5k of horn speakers sound like.
I worked for a guy that has a pair of La Scalas. On one of his trips to Europe, I 'house sat' and put those speakers through a lot over the course of 10 days. They can get incredibly loud, but I feel they lack a lot of the nuances I prefer in a speaker. For that kind of money, my purchase would go elsewhere.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
La Scalas are nice sounding speakers, but they are a pretty old design. Very 'vintage', but despite that I still liked them when I heard them. They wouldn't be my first choice for sheer sound quality though. Still, worth hearing if you get the opportunity.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis