Is heat bad for an LED/LCD?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
My only a few years old central AC crapped out today [very pissed!]. Going through the warranty process won't be quick, and in the mean time its gonna be VERY hot in the house where my Sony 900E is. Isn't heat like this really bad for a LED/LCD or is it the cold? Or maybe both? Thanks for any help.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, heat isn't generally good for electronics. Or adding it into an already too warm room :)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Well, heat isn't generally good for electronics. Or adding it into an already too warm room :)
Oh I'm not using it until the AC is fixed. I'm not even staying at the house until it's fixed. I can't sleep in a 90 degree house.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh I'm not using it until the AC is fixed. I'm not even staying at the house until it's fixed. I can't sleep in a 90 degree house.

It probably sustains higher temps when operating. I wouldn't worry about it. Might be in your manual, but that's probably still within operating range. I can't sleep in heat either, it finally cooled off here today thankfully (3 weeks of temps around 100); I have a little portable AC when it stays really warm at night to help sleep. Also roll it into the living room to help out when the plasma on a hot day needs something to counteract it :)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
It probably sustains higher temps when operating. I wouldn't worry about it. Might be in your manual, but that's probably still within operating range. I can't sleep in heat either, it finally cooled off here today thankfully (3 weeks of temps around 100); I have a little portable AC when it stays really warm at night to help sleep. Also roll it into the living room to help out when the plasma on a hot day needs something to counteract it :)
And where is that? 100 degrees! Arizona, Florida?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
And where is that? 100 degrees! Arizona, Florida?

Oakridge, OR

ps Just noticed that's gone from the avatar area again, guess that happened with the latest update

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Oakridge, OR

ps Just noticed that's gone from the avatar area again, guess that happened with the latest update
Oregon! It's 100 in Oregon! That's not normal is it?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oregon! It's 100 in Oregon! That's not normal is it?

Sure, depends where you are. Would be unusual on the coast. Inland or desert areas not so much. Seems to have increased over the last buncha years, tho.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
My only a few years old central AC crapped out today [very pissed!]. Going through the warranty process won't be quick, and in the mean time its gonna be VERY hot in the house where my Sony 900E is. Isn't heat like this really bad for a LED/LCD or is it the cold? Or maybe both? Thanks for any help.
So, it's 20 degrees warmer than usual. That's not much, to an LED/LCD TV. They can't feel heat and humidity doesn't feel hotter, to them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis