P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Lg 65uh6150, when I turn on the tv, in the upper right corner it displays lan connected, then lan disconnected, then connected, it does this a few times. It always connects. I haven't contacted lg yet, I plan on doing so this week as the tv is only a month old. Anyone have any opinions why this would be happening?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Lg 65uh6150, when I turn on the tv, in the upper right corner it displays lan connected, then lan disconnected, then connected, it does this a few times. It always connects. I haven't contacted lg yet, I plan on doing so this week as the tv is only a month old. Anyone have any opinions why this would be happening?
If you're using WiFi, try hard-wiring. If it's hard wired, make sure the plug is fully inserted on both ends.

What router are you using? If you have U-Verse and an Arris gateway, I would suspect the gateway- their network hardware is crap- I have it and since I stopped using the Arris and subbed a Luxul router as an access point for WiFi, it has worked flawlessly. I'm not using it for a TV, but my iPhone used to drop the connection regularly and most of the time, I'm about 6' away, so range really shouldn't be a problem.

WRT WiFi, look at it as if it were a desk lamp and you're trying to illuminate your TV. If it's at an opposite corner of the house/apartment, it's not getting the signal/speed it would if the router was in the middle.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Is it wired os wireless?
I use a wired connection.
I looked a little closer at the message sequence,
Wired network connected
Wired Lan cable disconnected
Wired network connected
Wired Lan cable disconnected.
Not sure if it would be a hardware or firmware issue, or possibly just a normal start up cycle that is performed.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
This means connection is flipping, but it's not clear what causes it. Start with obvious things like check and swap out the network cables. It's a cheap fix, if works. I also won't pass it on issue with LG hardware. In my experience it's been very unreliable even in relatively short term like fee years

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Electronics just seem finicky these days, my laptop with Windows 10 pro does basically the same thing but on wifi, tried on multiple wifi networks and same result.
I ended up emailing lg tonight to get that ball rolling.
I had to order a 90* network cable bc the tv is mounted too close to the wall for a standard cable so I don't have a different one to try.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Ya that's what I have now
Do you have a laptop computer, or can you borrow one? If so, connect to the same ethernet cable and watch for connection dropouts.

Reboot the modem and router and then power the modem, let it run its routine before powering the router.

Yes, it's the annoying first step provided by virtually all tech support people, but there's a reason for this- it often works.

S

synapsefailed

Audiophyte
I have the same issue with my LG OLED55E6P, tried changing out the switch and the ethernet cable and it still does it. Hopefully it's something they can fix with a software update.

D

DmitriyM30

Audiophyte
I also have this problem. Thank you for helping to solve it)

B

Bob Lafleur

Audiophyte
I have a similar problem with my OLED65C7P. Wireless connection works flawlessly but I don't like to flood my wireless with unnecessary data so I prefer to use wired. But the wired is unreliable. When I go to network settings the TV will periodically revert to "Checking connection" for wired. If I stream, it will work a little but, then get interrupted, then work a little bit, on and on. I've used the same cable from the TV into a laptop and I can run speed tests and it works without a problem. Back into the TV and it's unreliable. I do networks for my job - I know what I'm doing. I've narrowed it down to the TV. Lots of other posts on the net from people with similar problems, but no resolutions. I like the TV but if I had known before I bought it that LG had known networking issues, I would have bought something else.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
I have a similar problem with my OLED65C7P. Wireless connection works flawlessly but I don't like to flood my wireless with unnecessary data so I prefer to use wired. But the wired is unreliable. When I go to network settings the TV will periodically revert to "Checking connection" for wired. If I stream, it will work a little but, then get interrupted, then work a little bit, on and on. I've used the same cable from the TV into a laptop and I can run speed tests and it works without a problem. Back into the TV and it's unreliable. I do networks for my job - I know what I'm doing. I've narrowed it down to the TV. Lots of other posts on the net from people with similar problems, but no resolutions. I like the TV but if I had known before I bought it that LG had known networking issues, I would have bought something
My issue seemed to resolve itself after an update awhile back. I would double check for any updates. If its up to date I would check with LG, I'm sure it's been brought to their attention, seems like quite a few ppl have had a similar issue. I'm assuming its from buggy firmware.

S

sreed

Audiophyte
Same problem here, with my OLED65C7P. Over and over it pops up "Wired LAN cable disconnected". While true, I don't need to know that every 2 seconds.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok, I'm going to take a page from Mark's (@TLS Guy ) book and tell you - LG makes crap. I mean it. No single company could be more at fault of making devices designed to fail soon after the warranty ends.
Last 10 years I had 3 LG made devices: 2 smartphones and 1 TV. all failed. 3 out of 3. that's 100% failure rate. Anecdotical evidence? Sure, but it's heavily supported by threads like this one.
Want OLED so much? Get a Sony OLED - the panel is still LG made, but the electronics is all Sony design and QC.
Or don't get OLED at all and wait for 2018 Samsung's QLED 2nd gen models to start selling - they should be very competitive to OLED.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-qled-tv-models-qled-price-3367473

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis