R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
I believe I have an idea that has never been tried before. I have researched it for about a year now and have not found anything similar to what I have designed.
I have an idea for a completely new way audio is played through speakers. I am looking for someone in the Seattle, WA area to help with this, as I do not have the resources to fully test my idea. I have tested it on a very basic level with good results.
Eventually I am looking at getting a working setup and getting a patent and trying to get some funding for it or sell the idea to a large company.

It tackles frequency limitations of speaker drivers and distortion problems with speakers. Also, I believe that a fully working setup would make the music listening experience more enjoyable.
I am currently focusing on 2 channel audio. This does not deal with 5.1 and above setups.

As far as I know, audio and the way it is played through a receiver and through a set up speakers has not changed since it was created. There have been no major advancements.

-Randy

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Kind of reminds me of this:

And this:

Hey, out of curiosity, your idea doesn't involve a transducer suction cupped to a flat surface, like one of these, does it?

Last edited:
R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
No, it does not. It is taking existing tech and using it in a different way to create something better. The dragon slaying article sounds pretty enticing!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Would be nice to have other than a vague description to consider or just what resources you lack...

R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
Unfortunately I can't really give any info away. Someone might put two and two together. And I do think that I can make money off of this idea. I only lack a good set of speakers/drivers and the correct audio test files and enough receivers or sound processors to put together a fully working setup.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Unfortunately I can't really give any info away. Someone might put two and two together. And I do think that I can make money off of this idea. I only lack a good set of speakers/drivers and the correct audio test files and enough receivers or sound processors to put together a fully working setup.
So what the hell do you want is to say, other than "another right Charlie has joined the forum?"

R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
So what the hell do you want is to say, other than "another right Charlie has joined the forum?"
You don't need to say anything. I am looking for someone in the Seattle area to help me work on this. That's all, but at least they have a vague idea what it is about.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
So you're taking existing speakers and electronics and claiming you've found a new way to connect them? Or that you're adding your own 'room correction box' in the signal path, yet it only pertains to stereo?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I do think that I can make money off of this idea. I only lack a good set of speakers... audio test files... and enough receivers... to put together a fully working setup.
Two things:
1) I hope you make some money from this. Times must be tough. You can get what you mention above for $200-$300.

2) For a single set of speakers, you don't know how many receivers it takes to put together a fully working system, yet you have discovered a breakthrough in audio processing? Curious. (Just kidding.)

Please check back in and let us know how it goes.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you aren't going to talk about it, you aren't likely to get assistance. If you feel that strongly about it, you should patent it BEFORE you talk about it.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I believe I have an idea that has never been tried before. I have researched it for about a year now and have not found anything similar to what I have designed.
I have an idea for a completely new way audio is played through speakers. I am looking for someone in the Seattle, WA area to help with this, as I do not have the resources to fully test my idea. I have tested it on a very basic level with good results.
Eventually I am looking at getting a working setup and getting a patent and trying to get some funding for it or sell the idea to a large company.

It tackles frequency limitations of speaker drivers and distortion problems with speakers. Also, I believe that a fully working setup would make the music listening experience more enjoyable.
I am currently focusing on 2 channel audio. This does not deal with 5.1 and above setups.

As far as I know, audio and the way it is played through a receiver and through a set up speakers has not changed since it was created. There have been no major advancements.

-Randy
Invest in the test gear, etc, yourself.

Or, give enough info for some seasoned veterans to give an educated opinion on whether or not it is worth your time and effort. You can always PM members......TLSguy will give to a great opinion.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
[QUOTE="j_garcia, post: 1136248, member: 1085f you aren't going to talk about it, you aren't likely to get assistance. If you feel that strongly about it, you should patent it BEFORE you talk about it.[/QUOTE]
First rule of my new awesome unique audio idea, we don't talk about my new awesome unique audio idea;)

R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
So you're taking existing speakers and electronics and claiming you've found a new way to connect them? Or that you're adding your own 'room correction box' in the signal path, yet it only pertains to stereo?
Yes, I am taking existing tech and I rethought how audio is processed and played through speakers.

R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
Two things:
1) I hope you make some money from this. Times must be tough. You can get what you mention above for $200-$300.

2) For a single set of speakers, you don't know how many receivers it takes to put together a fully working system, yet you have discovered a breakthrough in audio processing? Curious. (Just kidding.)

Please check back in and let us know how it goes.
Not that simple....I wish I could tell you guys right now, but I can't.

R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
Invest in the test gear, etc, yourself.

Or, give enough info for some seasoned veterans to give an educated opinion on whether or not it is worth your time and effort. You can always PM members......TLSguy will give to a great opinion.
What happens when you play a song that has multiple sounds/instruments through speaker? well to me it sounds slightly muddy or less detailed then it could be. Also, when 2 sounds or more of the similar frequency are playing at the same time, then you can lose some detail there as well. My idea addresses these issues, as well as some other issues.

R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
I do plan on getting a provisional patent.... cost money that I do not have at the moment.

Is there anyone in the Seattle area that would be willing to work with me on this ?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Have you verified that your idea already works or is it still theory?

You don't lose detail with multiple sounds playing simultaneously - that's how you would hear it if you were there for the original sound. What type of recording are you listening to now and on what kind of gear? Muddiness does not necessarily come from the speaker driver itself.

R

Randy Robinson

Audioholic Intern
Intermodulation Distortion
Intermodulation (IM) is the interaction of two or more frequencies. This interaction creates new frequencies that are the sum and difference of the reference tones, e.g., 100 &1000 Hz, may produce sidebands of 1100 and 900. Intermodulation adds non related, highly dissonant frequencies that are far more objectionable than harmonic distortion, and audible at levels lower than any other nonlinear distortion. Music is made up of many simultaneous frequencies making IM distortion a major concern. It is consistently agreed that IM is more detrimental than other forms of nonlinear distortion.
This would be the main reason I thought of my idea in the first place.

I have tested my idea on a very basic level and it works and it does sound better to me and a friend of mine, but I need a full scale setup to tell for sure and proper audio files and a good listening panel to know for sure if this is something that can go anywhere.

I will definitely keep everyone posted on my progress.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, something else you have going on at the driver level is cone breakup too, not just IM, so the driver design itself can affect what you are talking about.

Sounds interesting. Good luck.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis