Turntables..Who has one or is considering getting a new one

Are you interesting in purchasing a turntable?

• Total voters
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Lots of talk in the past about turntables so I thought I would run a poll.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I've been looking at different TT's for awhile now. Now that the Pro-Ject has the DC version, I'm strongly leaning towards that one. Although, part of the reason I've put off getting one is my speaker compulsion.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks Fuzz for partaking in the poll. I added one more category to the poll realizing it was missing when I wanted to vote. :oops:

bears_t2

bears_t2

Junior Audioholic
I'd love to have one. Like fuzz said the Pro-Ject DC with the clear platter. Or move up and get a Rega p6 or VTI Traveler, Maybe next year I hope. So many good ones out there.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Yup. Keeping my eyes peeled for a really good vintage one within my budget. Turntables are so much fun.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Well, my choice wasn't there either:

Happy with the 2 that I have!

Pro-ject Debut Carbon as pictured on my Avatar. And Technics SL1210.

You know, 1 for the living room and 1 for the man cave.

Overall, I prefer the SL1210.

I think the Pro-Ject will eventually get a Speedbox upgrade. I may even build a quartz oscillator for it instead. It will probably also get an Acryl-It platter and maybe a Q-up eventually. Those upgrades are pretty far down my project priority list and my funding priority list too.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
:DStill happy and very thankful with what Dr. M sent. Click on pic to make it bigger:

h2oyo

h2oyo

Audioholic Intern
I just picked one up, Its nothing special but i want listen to my old records from the good ole days. Like most things I will probably upgrade by the end of the year lol.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
:DStill happy and very thankful with what Dr. M sent. Click on pic to make it bigger:

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to know it is still giving you good service. Just for new members, that was a for parts or reapair item for $40 on eBay.

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
I'm still happy with my SOTA Star/Saphire after all these years. Mated with Rega RB300 arm, Dynavector 20l cart and a Musical Surroundings Phenomena stage.
I make regular trips to Jerry's Records in Pittsburgh for budget material.

H

hankki

Junior Audioholic
I bought a some records back in the 80's and played on my brothers technics system but after working a summer I bought a cd player in '89 and records were left to the past. A couple of months ago I borrowed my brothers old technics and bought a new belt and needle.
I wanted my own player so a month ago I got my new ProJect debut carbon dc with ortofon 2M red cartridge. Right now B side of B.B. King in london from 1971 is turning on the table.
So of course I voted "Happy with the one I have"

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Have been looking for one for some time now. Will be buying one when I have enough spare for decent one.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
I posted a thread looking for recommendations on tt's a while ago. It was spurred by a talk my Mom and I had about me getting her record collection. The Carpenters, Peter Paul n Mary, John Denver.... I remember many rainy days and evenings listening to them. :) Vinyl was what I grew up on. She has decided to hang onto them for a while yet. That's ok, no hurry Mom. So, yes, I will be buying a tt. I just hope it isn't real soon. ;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I voted happy with the one I have mostly because it works and it was free. If anyone wants to give me a better one I guess I would be happy to upgrade. Thank you for your consideration.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Yup. Keeping my eyes peeled for a really good vintage one within my budget. Turntables are so much fun.
Sold my Empire about 5 years ago and now I regret it. Got $350.00 for it and it was in almost new condition.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I voted happy with the one I have mostly because it works and it was free. If anyone wants to give me a better one I guess I would be happy to upgrade. Thank you for your consideration.
Considering it went 3/4 around the world and it's still in one piece, that's a miracle by its self.
Never mind that crazy picture my son painted, but I do have 2 Technics 1200's which my son just had to have sitting in my mothers basement. I did pay over 1k for both long time ago. They are in very good condition once they're cleaned up. Might have to will one to you and the other one to fuzz. They are good starter TT. Finding the cartridges in that mess is another story, but I am sure they are around somewhere nearby.

Last edited:
flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I got a Clearaudio Concept and quite frankly, almost never use it. I almost never use my cd player either.

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Gonna pick up a uTurn Orbit to try out. If I enjoy vinyl enough I will consider upgrading. If not it should be an easy sell. Now is the best time to experiment with vinyl as it's popularity makes it easy to sell a table and move on.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Gonna pick up a uTurn Orbit to try out. If I enjoy vinyl enough I will consider upgrading. If not it should be an easy sell. Now is the best time to experiment with vinyl as it's popularity makes it easy to sell a table and move on.
I beg to differ!

About 15 to 20 years ago was the BEST time to experiment with vinyl. Back then, CDs were all the rage, so many a vinyl could be had dirt cheap!

My college days, we had a record shop right across the street from campus, I would spend a couple hours in there just about every Friday between classes. I would often score 3 used LPs for the price of 1 new CD.

I have some records that I paid $10 for, now those are worth $50+

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis