Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Dude, we all know they're good, but did you have to go and say that?

Now Rick and Doug are just going to be downright insufferable at the next tournament...
lol....
well Mine are the same as them but they also have the Black nut drivers ... I think they will like the big black ones better..

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Listening to vinyl in my office. Need to get a brush to clean the records. I don't like all this cracking and popping on the older albums.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Listening to vinyl in my office. Need to get a brush to clean the records. I don't like all this cracking and popping on the older albums.
Your not going to brush that away, thats how they sound...

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I hope Adam doesn't get flooded by the Hurricane.
I'm impressed. Over an hour and a half and not one comment like, "Doug hasn't gone by that nickname in years." :D

Yeah, people here are talking about the big storm that might happen. We'll see. Looks like we might get some downpours in a couple of hours.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Wood glue record cleaning apparently it works well watch on you tube.
I use a ss nail, its time consuming put press down as hard as you can and pull it through all the grooves in the album, just make sure to leave the sticker on because you will need it to know what you are listening too...

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Dude, we all know they're good, but did you have to go and say that?

Now Rick and Doug are just going to be downright insufferable at the next tournament...
Didn't you hear? I'm retiring from competition. I've been Champion for five years straight...it's getting too easy. I'm going out on top. (leave it alone Alex!)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I've been Champion for five years straight...it's getting too easy.
Well, this is awkward. :eek: Man, that prize we've been giving you for the past five years isn't for winning the championship. Think about it. Trophies don't takes batteries...

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Well, this is awkward. :eek: Man, that prize we've been giving you for the past five years isn't for winning the championship. Think about it. Trophies don't takes batteries...
What do you know "Miss Congeniality".

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now it looks like the storms are going to completely miss Tucson. Hats off, weather forecasters.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Your not going to brush that away, thats how they sound...
Exactly.
The cure for that is called a CD.:D

Back in the late 70's early 80's I remember how much I hated the pops & clicks from LPs.
I would've never paid all that money for equipment if I knew that LPs would sound like poo.
On the horizon there was always talk of the CD coming.
Now, if I want nostalgia I pour some rice krispies.:D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Exactly.
The cure for that is called a CD.:D

Back in the late 70's early 80's I remember how much I hated the pops & clicks from LPs.
I would've never paid all that money for equipment if I knew that LPs would sound like poo.
On the horizon there was always talk of the CD coming.
Now, if I want nostalgia I pour some rice krispies.:D
"If I want nostalgia I pour some Rice Krispies" I like it, that is the quote of the week for sure....

I play some albums, to be honest vinyl was before my time, my parents had this hifi system it was an 8 track/tuner/record player when I was a kid and they hardly played records... Then they went to cassettes and when cd's actually {the hardware} got affordable that old system was long gone...

I like how certain bands sound on vinyl, but I have to be in the mood to mess with it, I bought my wife the Janis J. box set so she has been playing that for a couple weeks {I am about ready to punch Bobby Mcgee in the d!ck} although I shouldn't complain since I listened to the eagles box set for a month before that, lol.. But like I said I have to be in the mood, and they have to be perfect records, and new ones, the old used records you get at yard sales are not worth sh!t, I compared my old beatles album {yellow submarine} to a new 180g modern album and its night and day, still not cd or even compressed ipod quality, but much better than an old played to death album...
I have yet to wear out a cd or a download...

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
I use a ss nail, its time consuming put press down as hard as you can and pull it through all the grooves in the album, just make sure to leave the sticker on because you will need it to know what you are listening too...
I haven't tried this.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I would've never paid all that money ...
I understand that most guys on here are doing okay financially and have a couple of bucks to spend on music but it's worth pointing out that used vinyl is very affordable. I mean if it wasn't I wouldn't be sitting on a few hundred albums. I admit that the copy of Al Stewart's Year of the Cat that I bought for 10 bucks which was suppose to be some fancy shmancy recording sounded like crap. That's the exception. Sh!t happens.

I don't see LP's fitting in to the work place because of all required interaction. Just how much slacking can one place of business take? :D

Unrelated note: I must have knocked loose a subwoofer cable. I noticed noise coming out of the left sub last night. Instead of tracking down the problem I turned off the power to the receptacle that the subs plug into and chilled a little before going nappy noodles. Slack on.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis