What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Let me know how the vivaldi is. :mad::p I guess mine will be here tomm.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Let me know how the vivaldi is. :mad::p I guess mine will be here tomm.
(Assuming you got the same version as ADTG sold me) The DTS track down mixed to my (not yet 100% optimized) 2.2 made me forget I had an empty glass sitting on the end table. when I did remember, there was no inclination to get up. Yup, it is that good.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I don't but I did want that CD, but was too late. Hopefully the discs will arrive this weekend, so I can cup the table. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Damnit, just realized that means I'll need to setup my XPA-3 and surrounds since I am still running 3.1 right now. Been a while since I listened to any m/c audio.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned

Got a
Little excited on eBay last night. I'll update as the items arrive.

Sent from my iPhone 5

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
:DFrom AcuDefTechGuy sale today:
Marvin Gaye Collection SACD

Mozart Symphonies SACD 11 disc

Carpenters SACD Singles 1969 - 1981
Arrived! I guess they got here yesterday. It was in my mailbox. Expert packing by AcuDefTechGuy and like new condition. I'll listen tommorow with a bottle of something. ;) Thank you sir for the fast service. Wolverine BD arrived too.

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have that Marvin Gaye and I really like that disc. Mine arrived too. WOW, my daughter had the remastered anniversary Thriller, but the SACD sounds AMAZING.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Arrived! I guess they got here yesterday. It was in my mailbox. I'll listen tommorow
And while you are at it - hear/see how your modified trees sound now - compared to
how they were, before they were pruned!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bushido

Junior Audioholic
From a local audioholic friend:

Oldie but goodie, and hey, the oak matches my house exactly..."So I got that going for me" << Bill Murray, Caddyshack) Not sure if the alleged 10hz is for real...but my gallbladder is tender today after last night's 6-hour dial-in session.

M&K MX-90 Pristine M&K / Miller & Kreisel MX90 / MX 90 Powered Subwoofer in Dark Oak / 2 x 12" / $1,200 MSRP | Subwoofers | Corte Madera, California 94925 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

Outlaw 990 preamp with a nifty bass-management set up, and 2-sub outs, 2 zone control...nicely paired with my Emotive XDA-2 Outlaw Audio

Can you say Cash Advance?

Onward and upward,
Puff

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
Updated to the control4 HC-800 and added two Control4 thermostats this week.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
This is how the speakers are setup now, I moved them closer to the center and raised them by 6 inches compared to the Behringer Monitors. Also moved the listening position to create a 5ft equilateral triangle. I'm using the comforter as a temporary room treatment LOL! Massive improvement on both sides.

Ignore the 15KHz and above because I forgot to switch the soundcard calibration file and so the measurement shows the reading peak up to match the card's drop off. Not correct since I was sending digital signal to the receiver via HDMI. Gonna do these again since I'm still playing with the setup and calibration.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Interesting collection of covers and unreleased tracks from SW. In addition to the 8 track, he made images of a bunch of different formats with the album info on an Edison gramophone cylinder, reel to reel, vinyl, cassette tape and MD. Kind of funny. Wanted it because it contained some tracks I saw him do live at a show when John Wesley's amp died while they were playing. Steve played solo unplugged while they were fixing it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Um, actually I DO (she does) at the other house :eek:

That's just a picture of an 8-track on the SW packaging though :D

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
^^Looks great! 2.1 setup?
Thanks! 2.2 I have an E15HP on either side of the couch :D.

There is trouble in paradise, though. Setup and measurements related and not related to the setup. I'm starting a thread in the Room Acoustics, System Layout and Setup section.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Where you drunk when you done the layout
Not sure if that was meant for me? But if it was, not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the squiggly plots? If I could have my way, they would look like a flat line slowly rising towards the left side :).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis