H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Not sure who this is marketed towards...
Hmmm... looked at the ad... it says, "The Emotiva Fusion 8100 is the all-in-one solution that does it all.".
So I'm guessing it's marketed towards the people who will read that and think, "That's for me!".

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Hmmm... looked at the ad... it says, "The Emotiva Fusion 8100 is the all-in-one solution that does it all.".
So I'm guessing it's marketed towards the people who will read that and think, "That's for me!".
LOL I guess so, but not very powerful, I would definitely go a different way if I were in the market for an avr...

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I would definitely go a different way if I were in the market for an avr...
ImcLoud, I am shocked!!! :eek:
Just think... you could replace 6 lines in your signature with only 1 line. It "does it all". ;)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Yah, I need a new well water pump, I wonder if it will take care of that for me..

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The thing for me is - how is it really going to hold up with HDMI connections. >
Maybe the Emotive fans will dig it - I am not going to spend the list price for it.

D Bone

D Bone

Audioholic Intern
LOL I guess so, but not very powerful, I would definitely go a different way if I were in the market for an avr...
7 x 65-watt RMS with all channels driven is very competitive with AVRs in its price range who spec their AVRs with just 2 channels driven. FYI, the 8100 is rated at 110 watts x 2 into 8 ohms, two channels driven.

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Ill stick to my 200 per channel all ch driven, its the price of the unit too, $700 is too much IMO, $499 is better , lol

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
It looks like a cheap piece of crap on the front with that lame Fusion 8100 label that cheapens the whole look. The Sherbourn looked much nicer.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
The looks of it leave me unimpressed.
Based on the features; it appears to be a a UMC-200 in a different chassis with amp section added.
I'm curious how well it handles a 4 ohm load. That would make a difference over the competition.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

Does it all, they sure missed that, and it doesn't even have a useful USB input except the 1 – USB input (for firmware upgrade only)

jinjuku

jinjuku

Top off I don't think it looks cheap. Heatsinking looks good. Power supply has some attention paid to it. 7.1 Pre-outs and if the bass management is decent... (it's XLR output).

I've certainly seen worse for $699.

Then again I am more about function than aesthetic.

M

Mo Noyz

Banned
Top off I don't think it looks cheap. Heatsinking looks good. Power supply has some attention paid to it. 7.1 Pre-outs and if the bass management is decent... (it's XLR output).

I've certainly seen worse for $699.

Then again I am more about function than aesthetic.
I actually like to find a good balance of both, if possible. And most of their equipment provides that balance. I'm a huge fan of Emotiva, and own the UMC-200, UPA-500, and XPA-2. But I have to agree this rig is a little on the homely side. The pseudo rack mount look of their other equipment is far more pleasing to my eyes.

But make no mistake. If I were in the market for a receiver, I wouldn't dismiss it just because of the way it looks.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
M

Mo Noyz

Banned
And I really have to admit that I wish Emotiva would change how they do that. When I first started buying their equipment I wasn't sure if "unavailable" meant they were discontinued, or simply temporarily out of stock.

E

Eddie Brooks

Audiophyte
The looks of it leave me unimpressed.
Based on the features; it appears to be a a UMC-200 in a different chassis with amp section added.
I'm curious how well it handles a 4 ohm load. That would make a difference over the competition.
Any word on how it handles a 4 ohm load

I currently only run 2 channels but my speakers are 4 ohm and require a fair amount of current. If the unit can drive them decently then good. If not would it work as a decent pre / proc unit with an XPA-200?

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
It looks like a cheap piece of crap on the front with that lame Fusion 8100 label that cheapens the whole look. The Sherbourn looked much nicer.
I have to agree. It looks like a white van or radio shack item. Not talking about it's performance. Just the visual of the piece.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis