Zone 2 using 2 powered subs - how to hook up

P

pgapro0825

Audiophyte
Hello,

I have Onkyo 646, I'm using the Zone 2 for separate audio and want to add 2 powered subwoofers. Both subs have high/low terminals. I am able to wire one of them using the terminals but cannot figure out how to wire them both.

I tried wiring them separately through the high frequency, and then one to the left front and one to the right front but I lost the low range and had no bass.

Any advice?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Hard to make much sense from your post. Subs can have a variety of different types of "terminals" on the pack panels, and I have no idea what you mean by "wiring through the high frequency." We’ll need links to the two subs that show pictures of their rear panel connections.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

J

Jetblack3

Audioholic Intern
By no means an expert but have you tried to utilize a couple splitters

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Just split the wires at the speakers and the at the subs. Twist two ends together to insert into binding posts.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

P

pgapro0825

Audiophyte
Hello,

I have Onkyo 646, I'm using the Zone 2 for separate audio and want to add 2 powered subwoofers. Both subs have high/low terminals. I am able to wire one of them using the terminals but cannot figure out how to wire them both.

I tried wiring them separately through the high frequency, and then one to the left front and one to the right front but I lost the low range and had no bass.

Any advice?
Here is a pic of the rear of the subs, they are the same.

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
When you tried just connecting left to one sub and right to the other, you say the subs lost the low range...this was regardless of the gain setting on the sub?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis