fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Schools are notorious for zero tolerance stuff. Just one of the many zero tolerance stories are of an elementary student getting expelled for the rest of the year for bringing a butter knife to school with his lunch.

It's a long standing tradition that parents, more often than not especially in todays world, are not rational people when it comes to their kids. Seeing as they are the one's threatening lawsuits and bringing all sorts of bad publicity to the district whenever something doesn't go their way, most districts would rather over react rather than under react and you get nonsense like this.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Seeing as they are the one's threatening lawsuits and bringing all sorts of bad publicity to the district whenever something doesn't go their way, most districts would rather over react rather than under react and you get nonsense like this.
I can understand overreaction as a snap decision in the heat of the moment; it just strikes me as entirely asinine to doggedly stick with that overreaction when the facts which come to light indicate that it is entirely unwarranted at best. I can't imagine these stories do much for a school districts PR either.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I can understand overreaction as a snap decision in the heat of the moment; it just strikes me as entirely asinine to doggedly stick with that overreaction when the facts which come to light indicate that it is entirely unwarranted at best. I can't imagine these stories do much for a school districts PR either.
The problem is, once a policy has been implemented, in order to get it removed it has to go back through the school board for a vote. Removing a policy that was put in, in reaction to something horrible spirals out of control pretty quickly either between parents and the board or even within the board. IME, it's 100 times harder to get rid of a snap decision, in reaction to something bad policy then it is to just get rid of something that's outlived it's usefulness.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Zero tolerance makes it easy for the administration as it removed from them the respolsibility for any thinking and their actions.

As Judge Dredd says, "IT'S DA LAW!!!".

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis