Zebra wood Mini Statements

K

kcjones

Enthusiast
I waffled big time between building the mini statements and the ER18s. Decided on the mini statements, and did most of the cabinet work this spring. Finished these a couple of months ago and never got around to taking any pics. It was my first time working with veneer, and I allowed the wife to have some input (like I had a choice). She wanted something that went with her entertainment center, and I wanted to try to keep her happy. We both liked the look of the zebra wood. Then it was just a matter of how to top coat them. Tried about every thing I had laying around and the Watco Danish oil ended up being the ticket. They are being driven by a Yami RX-V3900 and sound fantastic. I was finally forced to get rid of a lot of the poorer recording on the ipod. The best part is my wife likes the "rough look" with no grill covers.

The ER18s are still on my mind, and my brother is about done rehabbing the man lair. May have to build a pair this winter. Can't spend all day brewing & watching football/college basketball without tunes.

PICT0512.jpgPICT0515.jpgPICT0516.jpg

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
They look great! Good work.

Have you played with positioning? You might be able to make them sound better!!;)

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Wow, those look terrific. Congratulations on the build. I imagine they sound every bit as good as they look.

K

kcjones

Enthusiast
My previous speakers (Warfdale) weren't dogs, but female vocalists seem to shine on these speakers. I knew I had full spousal approval when I caught my wife cranking Whitney Houston, eyes closed, holding a glass of wine in her hand, and singing with the music

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
One question. Aren't those supposed to be further from the wall? That's what stopped me from picking that build. Open back mid and all. Nice job on the finish.

K

kcjones

Enthusiast
If I remember correctly, ideal placement was 18" from the wall and min distance was approximately 12". These are at 13" and I haven't noticed any issues yet

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
They look good. I thought about doing these a while ago but was pretty much scared off at building crossovers. I have no idea how to do that.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
They look good. I thought about doing these a while ago but was pretty much scared off at building crossovers. I have no idea how to do that.
If you can solder and follow a schematic there is nothing to building a crossover. Even I can do it! :D

Designing a crossover on the other hand....:eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis