S

Shooter

Audiophyte
Hi

I have a Sanyo Z4 connected up to a Marantz 7600 DVD player. I have no problems with the component connection, however I cannot get the HDMI to work. All I get is digital 'snow'. I have tried variuous settings and of course the actual connections. Any ideas?

Thanks

S

Shooter

Audiophyte
Hi

The cable is 25ft long and I am not sure of manufacturer but it is not high end. Do you think that it could be the cable length or quality? I have heard of HDMI 'compatability' issues between certain equipment.

Thanks

25' is bordering on long for a cheap HDMI cable and could be your problem. Perhaps you could borrow a short cable and move the projector to troubleshoot.

Digital snow is odd, but I'd start there. If a short cable gets you signal, then you know it's the cable. If it doesn't, then you will want to try to borrow a source to see if it's the Marantz or bring the Marantz to a friend's house to test the HDMI on a different display...

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Clint DeBoer said:
25' is bordering on long for a cheap HDMI cable and could be your problem. Perhaps you could borrow a short cable and move the projector to troubleshoot.

Digital snow is odd, but I'd start there. If a short cable gets you signal, then you know it's the cable. If it doesn't, then you will want to try to borrow a source to see if it's the Marantz or bring the Marantz to a friend's house to test the HDMI on a different display...

Yes, that digital snow, if that is what he is really seeing is strange, almost a complete signal loss? Something is not set up correctly, I'd say.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Clint DeBoer said:
And I believe the Z4 will show a blank screen with no input - so something is getting there, just not valid signal.

When I unplug the rf cable feed to the TV, it has snow on it, unlike the video input.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis