Your favorite way to download music

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Being the Luddite that I am, I'm just now finally properly set up to download music. What service do others like to use? I want rather good quality at less than what I would have to pay for a new redbook CD. I primarily wish to convert many old albums I have on cassette tape (about 100) as well as a few I never collected.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I use mostly the itunes music store AAC is superior to mp3 and for the old stuff I use it for it is more than good enough. Anything else just sucks to use or is not legal.

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
iTunes Rocks. Very easy to download and cheap. everything is .99 cents per song and good prices on entire albums. It's BY FAR the easiest way I have downloaded music. You type in the name of album, artist or song and then you click on the song or album you want and hit buy. It's really that easy.

Shinerman

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

iTunes

I use iTunes and I have yet to see any other program work as well. Even if you only use it to organize your CD collection it is amazing for a free program. You can often find whole CDs for 9.99. Try and do that at your local music store. It also lets you listen to a 30 second sample of any of the music. This helps you know exactly what you are buying.

The only "bad" thing is it is too easy to buy music. (it adds up fast!)

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Thanks for the input. This echoes what I have heard elsewhere. I have downloaded three discs worth so far and the quality is decent, at least for older material that isn't the best of recording technique anyway. And yes, this will likely be a major hole in my pocket for a while. :D

G

Gatorchong

Audioholic
I use Real Rhapsody and I think it's pretty awesome. You can stream anything you want for $10 a month and I think downloads are like $.80 a piece. Definitely worth it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis