Your Favorite Feature Available on Your Receiver???

bizmord

bizmord

Full Audioholic
Just curious ... what features you guys use the most with your receiver. Which feature you believe made you love your receiver.

this will help me pick the receiver I may want to buy.

So far .... comparing between

Yamaha RX-A2010
vs
Denon 4311ci

N

NorCalJason

Audiophyte
Just curious ... what features you guys use the most with your receiver. Which feature you believe made you love your receiver.

this will help me pick the receiver I may want to buy.

So far .... comparing between

Yamaha RX-A2010
vs
Denon 4311ci
I've never had a feature on a receiver that made me "love" it. In my system, the receiver is an appliance that simply routes the signals appropriately. It's invisible for daily use.

However, there is a feature on a power amp that I *LOVE*. Auto Turn on/off. :)

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
My favorite feature on my Denon is it's HDMI Monitor Out 2, and that I can control everything from my ipod.

For example, I have a small Samsung LED LCD in my room hooked up to the 2nd HDMI out, so when I go to my room, I just pull out the ipad/ipod and flip HDMI audio out to Television, and the Monitor Out to 2 and I can then watch blurays from my PS3 or stuff on my Apple TV. Fantastic. I couldn't do without that.

The app, by the way, isn't the Denon Remote, but another - better one, called DeRemote.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I didn't know it when I bought it, but my Denon 2802 allows me to individually adjust speaker levels for each source. And, it can be done "on the fly".

My sub level is set initially for DD/DTS as my base, a bit lower for CD, and a bit lower yet for for CD, each set on the 2803.

Knowing that all software is not created equal, I can make temporary adjustments as needed.

I can tweak the center channel volume as needed if some movie is a bit low, or high. I can compensate for bass heavy (or light) music/movies (or whatever) as needed. Likewise, many music sources can be slightly out of balance. Not a problem. Push three buttons and it's fixed.

and return it back to it's base positions when I'm done with it. ..all without leaving my chair.

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
Net/USB feature.

Being able to play anything from any computer on your home network, HD radio, internet radio, iPod or internet streaming music sources is a great option to have when you don't have the original CD handy.

Almost just as good as above is the zone 2-3 feature where you can still do all of the above with either same or different sources in different rooms/areas!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis