Your 2008 AV purchases?

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Both my home theater and my upstairs stereo are fine. I want to upgrade the bedroom TV to HD and hope to get that done this year with an LCD unit (32 or 37") and a DirecTV H21 receiver.

AUtiger

AUtiger

Junior Audioholic
mmc-2 if it has all the features I want. :rolleyes: Possibly upgrading the HDTV.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Absolutely nothing!:p

None of my purchases are planned in advance. They just sort of happen. If I suddenly get an itch that needs scratching, then I'll remedy the situation at that point in time.
Couldn't have said it better myself. There is nothing I absolutely need right now. I might upgrade my DIY treatments with something professional just for aesthetics. I've got the Emotiva DSA-1 and XPA-5 on order (since October) but that's not something I need, just an itch that needed scratching.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Read the updated equipment list in my signature. 2008 is off to a great start so far! :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Just ordered some Ascend 340's for LCR's and 170's for surrounds.:cool:

Need Sub(s)...TBD:confused:

Universal remote...TBD:confused:

Then maybe a flat panel TV (the JVC 36" CRT still works great but I would like an updated look for the "living room theater".)

Then maybe a LCD for the bed room. (to save space)

If I get the flat panel for the living room I'll more than likely replace the AVR in there also...

This is getting out of hand...:D

SBF1

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I don't plan on buying anything this year. Last year I went from a RX-V1600 receiver to a RX-V1800, went from a 50" 720p DLP to a 73" 1080p DLP tv, got an Emotiva IPS-1, PS3, Wii, HD-A2, got a media pc, sold off all my Polk R series speakers and got all Def Techs to replace them, and upgraded my sub from a Velodyne DLS-3750R to a SVS 20-39PC+. So I pretty much redid my whole AV setup last year and now it's time to start saving up for some other stuff.

Polygon

Polygon

Audioholic
Let's see, I want to upgrade to a 7.1 receiver, I need a subwoofer, and I need a network media controller.

Thaedium

Thaedium

Audioholic
I spent a lot last year, so I may be as likely not to be spending much this year. Especially with all the court appearances I've been having to make in the last year... blah.

Already did some spending this year on some audio stuff, really simplistic though as I was over at Blue Jeans Cable and Monoprice making the necessary cable and interconnect purchases to last me for ages to come.

Moving to HD Satellite as well, so I'll be finally putting my 1080i screen to some use.

As for things I plan/hope to get done this year:

Purchase matching surrounds for my system, namely the ADP-590's from Paradigm.

Perhaps get the PS3 for game and Blu-ray usage.

Been toying with the idea of picking up an Amp, though I've not figured out what would be best yet.

Would love to upgrade TV's from a 40" Sony 1080i to something along the lines of a 60" Kuro's 1080p. Its hard to justify the cost, especially when Pioneer has already alluded to some sweet new technology for them in the next year or so.

Maybe some room treatments as well, I've not decided on that yet either.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
My purchases so far are a pair of Mirage Omni 350s (MSRP $600, on sale for $300) and an NAD L54 DVD receiver (MSRP $700, on sale for $530.) A $1300 2-channel system with jaw-droppingly awesome SQ for $830, not bad if I do say so myself.
There is still a possibility of getting a bigger TV for my HT room later this year, but I remain ambivalent as the PQ of my 34" tube is tough to beat.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis