Yet another Monster Cable question

S.R. Johnson

S.R. Johnson

Junior Audioholic
Guys please dont hate me when i ask this question. What do think about the cheaper Monster Sandard THX line? I have this cable for my sub and it sounds alot better that my older Monster Bass cable i had a few years ago.

Also what about the Pure AV Silver series line of cables?
I've seen these at Fry's Electronics and I think they maybe a better alt. for Monster cable. :confused: :confused: :confused:

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
just pulled a PureAV silver out of the box. 8 foot HDMI cable $ 61 delivered from the twister group, or about 2/3 the best MC price I found. very solidly constructed, nearly twice as thick as the inbox cable you get with a Samsung HD-941 universal player. it might actually be too stiff for some applications.

the TV gets here on Saturday, so more to report then

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
S.R. Johnson said:
Guys please dont hate me when i ask this question. What do think about the cheaper Monster Sandard THX line? I have this cable for my sub and it sounds alot better that my older Monster Bass cable i had a few years ago.

Also what about the Pure AV Silver series line of cables?
I've seen these at Fry's Electronics and I think they maybe a better alt. for Monster cable. :confused: :confused: :confused:
Why would we hate you :p
We want you to know and learn ;)
So, nothing wrong with the cables themselves, just their prices and the company behavior.
Cables don't have a sound unless they are grossly under designed or grossly incompatible when compared, such as a 24 ga cable and a 16ga cable.

No need to buy expensive cables.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
In case anyone's wondering, Pure AV Silver is a grade, or series, or model of a manufacturer (a' la Phillips Gold Series). The wire is made by Belkin, is not silver based (ut oh, the werewolves !!), and is very cost-competitive compared to MC. ;)

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
In case anyone's wondering, Pure AV Silver is a grade, or series, or model of a manufacturer (a' la Phillips Gold Series). The wire is made by Belkin, is not silver based (ut oh, the werewolves !!), and is very cost-competitive compared to MC.
What are you talking about?

S.R. Johnson

S.R. Johnson

Junior Audioholic
mtrycrafts said:
Why would we hate you :p
We want you to know and learn ;)
So, nothing wrong with the cables themselves, just their prices and the company behavior.
Cables don't have a sound unless they are grossly under designed or grossly incompatible when compared, such as a 24 ga cable and a 16ga cable.

No need to buy expensive cables.

Actually, the Monster THX Standard is a lot cheaper than all of the Monster line. For example the the Monster XP mini spool that is a 16ga 100ft wire is $60, but the Monster THX Standard of the same guage and roll is $30.

I would go for the RCA Ultra brand that is a the home depot, but i will try that when I go install my cousin's rear surround speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis