Yes, another DLP complaint thread. Seeing RGB pixels...

nick_danger

nick_danger

Audioholic
When I'm playing videogames, surfing the web, or watching a movie requiring me to change my focus to different areas of the screen quickly, I see these flashes of red, green, and blue in vertical stripes. If I try to do it, I can make them appear with ease, but they appear frequently just from normal viewing. Humourously enough, I noticed this less on my 50" DLP than my current 46". Could this have something to do with the speed of the color-wheel or the mirror latency? Am I the only one bothered by this or is this just an accepted part of DLP?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
The rainbow effect?

I haven't looked at DLP enough to experience it myself, but this is definitely a reality for some. It does not happen with LCD or CRT, but is a known issue for some viewers of DLP. The spinning wheel is what causes it and some are more perceptive of it than others.

Until (someday?) 3 chip DLP becomes more of a standard, the rainbow effect will continue to occur and the color wheels and spin rate will be increased to try to deal with that issue.

nick_danger

nick_danger

Audioholic
BMXTRIX said:
The rainbow effect?
Thank you, yes, that's it. After putting that into Google, I've found more info than I need. Gosh, this sucks. I'm a freak with super-eyes or something... First, I can't enjoy anything with an interlaced signal and now I can't enjoy the awesomeness of my 100% progressive-all-the-time TV...

:mad:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis