Yamaha ysp 1,1000 and 800

D

dusty 50

Audiophyte
hi, I'm a noobie so bear with me, please. I've read the reviews on these things, and I'm very interested in this type of speaker. I know I can't expect as good a sound from these things as I would get from a true 5.1 surround system, but from what I read, I think it might be enough for me. I had hoped that people here would have started talking about them, but I havn't seen much yet. What are your opinions, have you actually heard them? Are there other companies making them? I would be mating it with a 45 to 55" rear proj. crt. Although we enjoy movies, this system would be mostly for regular t.v. I'm not even sure where to go to see and hear them. Would the big box stores sell them? Thanx for your help.

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
I have two YST 800 and have heard the 1500 monster extensively, also made few of my friends buy it, now their neighbors hate them.

Seriously, if you are looking for tight, good performing subs at a reasonable price, these can't be beat.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Yamahaluver, he was asking abou the Digital Sound projectors, not subwoofers.

G

gchan

Audiophyte
Yamahaluver said:
I have two YST 800 and have heard the 1500 monster extensively, also made few of my friends buy it, now their neighbors hate them.

Seriously, if you are looking for tight, good performing subs at a reasonable price, these can't be beat.

Have you heard the klipsch rw12? would you recommend the 1500 sub over the klipsch rw12? I was talking with a Yam dealer who was also a dealer for the Klipsch and he was recommending the klipsch over the yam sub. fyi, my main is a polk rti100s. he didn't have the 1500 for me to compare and told me that it is no longer a current item in yam's catalog. I know that it is available from geek.com for 439.

D

dusty 50

Audiophyte
jaxvon is correct, I was referring to digital sound projectors. Sorry for the confusion. If anyone owns or has heard these things first hand, I'd like to know what you think of the sound in a normal living room setting. I'd also like to know if any other companies other than Yamaha is making something similar. My thought is that Yamaha wouldn't have built the 1000 & 800 if they didn't get a good response to their original YSP 1. I think there must be other guys like me that would rather not run speaker wires if there is a descent alternative. I would hate to get one of these things home and find out that it is not as good in a home environment as it was in the tests. I understand that to get the ulimate sound from these things you need to hook up a sub woofer also, so if you want to help me decide on one of those, I would apreciate that also, but my main interest right now is the sound projector. Just in case you want to know, my room is about 16x18 and the viewing spot is about 12 ft. from the t.v.. Thanx for any help you can give.

T

tanglin

Enthusiast
Not wanting to hijack, but...

I was wondering the same thing. We have a retreat off our master bedroom which we have a 34" plasma. I was thinking of a RX-V1600 and asthetically wife pleasing speakers on sticks :( , but wondered if the YSP-800 would fit the bill.

Anyone have home experience woith this unit?

The TV is 15' from the sofa, the room is small but completely open to the right, and there is no space behind the sofa... Think of a C-shape with the TV on the top of the C and the sofa on the bottom...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis