Yamaha rxv592rds no sound

P

Paddo

Audiophyte
My yamaha rx-v592rds no longer has sound coming out of speakers. I have tested my speakers and CD player on another amp. But I cannot get even a test sound out of the speakers on the yamaha. If the volume is turned right up there is a hiss through the speakers but no sound. Before throwing this machine out any ideas? I have tried the CD player into all the inputs to no avail and also tried playing with a and b speaker buttons

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

I doubt it, but you wouldn't happen to have the receiver muted, would you? That wasn't meant to be patronizing - just want to cover all the bases.

I looked for a reset command but didn't find one, so (if you haven't already) I suggest unplugging it for a while, perhaps even overnight, and seeing if the system will reset and start working. The fact that you get hiss from the speakers tells me that the amps are still functional (but you're comment about having to turn the volume way up to hear it made me wonder about the mute being on).

Btw, I still have my RX-V992 receiver from back then, too. :) I haven't used it for years, but it was a nice receiver.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
i agree with Adam, if the mute is not on, then there is a fault that needs service. I suspect a lower supply problem. It seems the power amps are working, but a major section of the preamp board is not.

It is not worth fixing that old pro logic receiver. On the plus side, you will notice a massive benefit from a new one. Don't buy a low priced one, it will stand a good chance of blowing when the warranty expires. Get into the middle of the pack at least.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis