Yamaha RXA 2000 pre pro trigger question

P

PannTher

Junior Audioholic
Hi everyone.

I just purchased an Anthem MRX 710 to replace my Yamaha RXA 2000, but my intention is to use the Yamaha to power the rear and center channel. Is this possible to use with the Anthem?

I know the Yamaha and the Anthem have trigger outs, but there is no trigger in. Is there some way to do this?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PannTher

Junior Audioholic
Ok. I got it to work.

Connected the pre outs from the anthem to the Yamaha multi channel in for the rear speakers.

Does anyone know how I can have the Anthem control the volume on the Yamaha?

Thanks

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Hi Pann, was wondring why you replaced the Yamaha with the Anthem?

P

PannTher

Junior Audioholic
Hi Pann, was wondring why you replaced the Yamaha with the Anthem?
Hi Johnnie.

Even though I did find the sound to be better with the Anthem, I decided to return it and I'll probably end up getting an amp.

Are you considering getting an Anthem?

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Not at this time, though I hear good reviews on them. I just bought a Sherbourn cheap from Emotiva. When my towers get here at the end of the month, i'll know a little more. I've always been into separates. I was curious about the receiver as the Yamaha looked about the same on paper. Wondering what made you spend the scratch, without jumping to a whole different class of receiver. Is there something about the Yamaha you didn't like?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi everyone.

I just purchased an Anthem MRX 710 to replace my Yamaha RXA 2000, but my intention is to use the Yamaha to power the rear and center channel. Is this possible to use with the Anthem?

I know the Yamaha and the Anthem have trigger outs, but there is no trigger in. Is there some way to do this?

Thanks
I suppose you could use any analog input on the RXA but would have to turn the volume to maximum. Not a good idea but if you really want to do it, make sure you only use on set of input to minimize nasty surprises if you make any mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PannTher

Junior Audioholic
I assume you meant with sound processing engaged?
Mentally, I wanted to hear the same thing with both amps. I did notice a performance difference with the Anthem over the Yamaha and both were not using any processing. Was it placebo effect? I don't know.. but my wife and I did notice a difference.

At any rate, it wasn't enough to justify changing and I preferred the DLNA options etc on the Yamaha so kept it. I do think adding an external amp will produce the same effect possibly however.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis