Yamaha Rx2400 display dimmer

• Thread starter wealreadyhaveamember
  • Start date
W

wealreadyhaveamember

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>When I first got my rx2400 the display would start out bright and then dim after a few seconds. &nbsp;Then when I would change something (volume, input, surround program, etc...) it would go bright again and then dim out. &nbsp;I really like this, but recently it doesn't do it! &nbsp;The only thing I changed (I think) is that I did the YPAO. &nbsp;After I found the problem I went to the manual setup and found the dimmer setting. &nbsp;This changed the brightness of the display, but did not turn on/off the dimming effect. &nbsp;Anybody out there know what to do?</font>

K

Kilwox

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>I've been wondering the exact same thing. &nbsp;My display will only dim if I'm listening to CD's on the direct setting. &nbsp;I assumed it's to reduce interference from electronic display components inside the receiver. &nbsp;If anyone knows how to activate this feature for DSP modes, please let me know
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>Kilwox is right on the money. &nbsp;You can manually set the dimmer way down to apply for every listening mode, but the &quot;direct stereo&quot; setting is the only one that automatically dims it down for you. &nbsp;Personally, I keep (manually) mine dimmed down a little, just cause I'm picky and want it to have a long lifespan.

best,</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis