Yamaha RX-V777 "RS-232C Update" message on reciever

F

Figment06

Audiophyte
i moved and I just reconnected my home theater system. My receiver (Yamaha RX-V777) has the above message on it and does not turn on. I wrote to Yamaha several times and got different answers each time. Their first response said to reset the receiver by holding down the "straight " button and the power button. That didn't work. I also explained that I was using a converter since the house is 220v not 110. He explained what converter should be used and the one I'm using is 2 - 1 and its max load is 3000v so it is what they suggested. The second message from Yamaha said that it was the converter and to buy one for the region I'm in! I find that hard to believe because my TV, bluray, amps and a HTS3600 MIKI for clean power and all are working and I have my receiver plugged into the MIKI not the converter directly.

Any ideas on how to get my receiver working will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
If the unit will not turn on, how can it even display a message?

F

Figment06

Audiophyte
Because there is power going to it. As soon as the unit is plugged in the message is displayed and I haven't touched the "on" button.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
The message "RS-232C Update" is confusing, I checked that model on the Yamaha website and it does not seem to have a RS-232C port. Maybe a generic message indicating the unit needs a firmware update via internet connection, or unit needs to be taken to a service center for an update.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis