Yamaha rx-v671 zone 2 HELP!!

A

aaronschiada

Audiophyte
I'm not very stereo savvy. Have my surround sound all setup and works great. Trying to hook two outside speakers directly to zone 2, but no sound comes out....what am I doing wrong. Please help.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hello aaronschiada and welcome to the forum.

What are the sources you are using? Did you try the tuner to see if you had any sound?

Digital sources will not pass so anything connected via HDMI or optical will also have to be connected with the analog left and right connections.

Also make sure that surround back speakers are set to Zone 2. I believe that model is either 7.1 or 5.1 with zone 2.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Not entirely clear what you mean when you say you connected “speakers directly to Zone 2.” Are you talking about the Zone 2 RCA jacks? If so that won’t work. Those are for connecting to an outboard amplifier, and then the Zone 2 speakers connect to that amplifier.

Alternately, if you have the speakers connected to the Surround Back/Bi-Amp speaker terminals, there is probably a setting in the receiver’s menu to assign those speaker outputs to Zone 2.

In addition, as adk mentioned, if your sources are only connected via digital HDMI, coax or optical, these probably won’t be sent to Zone 2. Most likely only analog connections will send to Zone 2. This is probably mentioned in the manual.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis