Yamaha RX-V359 Sound Problem

A

amitabhbansal

Audiophyte
friends
i am using yamaha RX-V359, it was working fine from 3 years, after shifting to the new house when i connect all the wires to my speakers, and play music, blu ray anything it was working fine, but after few minutes the Front Left Speaker voice goes down (lower voice), i just remember that when i was connecting the speakers the cable of speakers touched together and the amp goes off, what can be the problem? and how i can rectify it?
Please help me
Thanks

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
friends
i am using yamaha RX-V359, it was working fine from 3 years, after shifting to the new house when i connect all the wires to my speakers, and play music, blu ray anything it was working fine, but after few minutes the Front Left Speaker voice goes down (lower voice), i just remember that when i was connecting the speakers the cable of speakers touched together and the amp goes off, what can be the problem? and how i can rectify it?
Please help me
Thanks
Note the bolded. It sounds like you shorted out some speaker wires. Amp's don't generally take too kindly to this. Even a split second short can do an amp in. This generally triggers the amp's protective circuitry where the amp then shuts off, many times to remain silent until looked at by a qualified technician. The fact that it comes on again at all surprises me.

Unfortunately, you learned the hard way one of the key rules of audio, which is that before kerfutzing with any wires, turn off ALL power. It's cheap insurance that can prevent those pesky short circuits and possibly save your amp.

Sometimes, if you disconnect all the speakers and CAREFULLY reconnect them, making very sure there are no shorts, even tiny ones, you might get lucky and it will self-correct. While you're doing that, you might want to unplug it from the wall for an hour so and, if necessary, redo the setup procedure.

If those don't cure it, all you can do is to take it to a good tech and, if it's not covered by a warranty, weigh the repair costs against a that of a replacement unit.

good luck.

Last edited:

00behave

Audiophyte
am using yamaha RX-V359, it was working fine from 3 years, after shifting to the new house when i connect all the wires to my speakers, and play music, blu ray anything it was working fine, but after few minutes the Front Left Speaker voice goes down (lower voice[/B][/I]), [/U][/I][/B]- i have exactly the same problem after i too moved to a new place, about 600km away. and it randomly looses volume in the left channel, and needs to be cranked up really high to restore the volume again. i wonder if its not the change in altitude that hurt something? im much closer to sea level now?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
am using yamaha RX-V359, it was working fine from 3 years, after shifting to the new house when i connect all the wires to my speakers, and play music, blu ray anything it was working fine, but after few minutes the Front Left Speaker voice goes down (lower voice[/B][/I]), [/U][/I][/B]- i have exactly the same problem after i too moved to a new place, about 600km away. and it randomly looses volume in the left channel, and needs to be cranked up really high to restore the volume again. i wonder if its not the change in altitude that hurt something? im much closer to sea level now?
I really despise trolls. :mad:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis