Yamaha RX-V2700 Zone 2 only plays tuner input

P

pbcooprider

Audiophyte
I cannot get anything to play on zone 2 except the tuner. I know that only analog inputs will work. I have a turntable, audio (analog) from dvd, and an old CD player hooked up and none of them work. Yamaha support is no help. Any Ideas?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

To help us narrow down the issue, I have a question. Not to be insulting, but have you followed the steps on page 132 of the owner's manual under the section, "Selecting the input source of Zone 2 or Zone 3"? I ask because on page 131 where it discusses selecting Zone 2 there's the wording, "Controls the Zone 2 amplifier or tuner functions." So, it makes me think that it's possible that you just haven't done all of the steps necessary to select a source other than the tuner.

Let us know and we might be able to help you track down the issue.

P

pbcooprider

Audiophyte
Thanks for your response. I have read that part of the manual over and over to make sure I'm not missing something. I have tried both the button on the receiver for zone control, and although it doesn't give much time, nothing happens when I turn the input control. I have also tried using both the zone remote and the main remote set to zone 2. I can turn on and off zone 2 from either remote. I have been through the OSD setup to make sure I didn't miss something there. I just think I'm missing something somewhere. My next thing to try is to do a hard reset, but I really don't want to have to go through all the setup again. I am using HDMI for my flat panel and a Sony DVD changer but I don't find anything in the manual that suggests that would be a problem. FYI - I have normal 5.1 speakers hooked up and using the presence output for zone 2.

matthewdclarkaz

matthewdclarkaz

Audioholic Intern
Z2

I am not sure, but I seem to remember reading in the manual about the presence speakers being for Z3 and the surround back (6,7) for Z2. Might be worth a try in any case.

P

pbcooprider

Audiophyte
On page 113 it shows the OSD setup for the zone control and lets the setup for either zone to use the internal amp for SP1 (presence) or SP2 (rear surround). Given the choice I picked the binding posts instead of the spring connectors.

Page 130 says to use sp1 or sp2 for either zone 2 or 3. Then shows a graphic showing zone 2 hooked up to sp1 and zone 3 hooked up to sp2.

Guess it's worth a try to hook up to sp2

P

pbcooprider

Audiophyte
Answering my own question - may help someone else.

Rec Out/Zone 2 must be set to source. Set to any other input locks zone 2 to that source.

FYI

E

egl

Audiophyte
Yes, I know this is a 7 year old post !!

Rec Out/Zone 2 must be set to source. Set to any other input locks zone 2 to that source.

FYI

Just in case you're still looking, THANKS. You saved my sanity.

M

mrfantastic916

Audiophyte

FYI
Another round of thanks for posting the answer to your own question pbcooprider. You probably saved me at least two full evenings of frustration and failure.

I bought my RX-V2700 new over 10 years ago and that old beast is still kicking ass. Now I finally have a reason to make use of the Zone 2 & 3 functionality and can successfully do so thanks to you!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis