Yamaha RX V2700 - USB problems

E

etmail

Audiophyte
I am the new, excited and proud owner of the Yamaha Receiver RX V2700. The only problem I have is that I have copied my complete CD collection onto an external hard drive in WMA format to preserve its audiophile content and cannot get it to play via the Receiver's USB port - despite taking the 8 level hierarchy and 500 files limitation into account.

I have copied 1 CD onto a flash disk and can get the receiver to read and display its contents - but cannot get it to play.

Can anyone help?

Regards
etmail

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
Maybe Gene can, in his April '07 review he reports that it works: "As an added bonus, you could even store some music files on a USB flash drive or portable hard drive and connect it right to the front panel USB connector for instant access to your music."

In Yamaha's description of the USB port, they only talk about flash drives & portable music players, not large external hard drives.

Why not talk it over with your vendor, or Yamaha tech support?

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
network and drive options still have kinks that need to be worked out, as suggested conact support, they are pretty good at helping over at yama.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis