Yamaha RX-V vs RX-A Sound

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
It is what it is. People have varying opinions. That's what makes the world go 'round. I love this hobby. Passion all that way around. You know how many times people freak out my speakers, Def Tech? I used to argue, no more. What does it matter? No effect on my enjoyment. Think can think whatever they want. We live in a world of "alternative facts" anyway.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You know how many times people freak out my speakers, Def Tech? I used to argue, no more.
Maybe that's why you're so defensive...

Pretty sure HD's just messing with you now. When someone gives me crap I usually just reply with humor. Yes, you're voicing your opinion. So is everyone else. ;)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe that's why you're so defensive...

Pretty sure HD's just messing with you now. When someone gives me crap I usually just reply with humor. Yes, you're voicing your opinion. So is everyone else. ;)
I'm not defensive, there are a lot of A-HOLES on these sites. Not saying he is one. I don't argue anymore. I didn't argue here. Just stated my opinion. People are free to think and say what they want. I can't wait till you get that Monolith amp. Can't wait to see what you think. It'll be interesting.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
According to their site it'll be here tomorrow!
Prepare to be amazed at the difference as I have been. I know I'm just crazy because I hear a difference but you'll soon be in the same boat of crazy. We'll be hearing about it soon.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Prepare to be amazed at the difference as I have been. I know I'm just crazy because I hear a difference but you'll soon be in the same boat of crazy. We'll be hearing about it soon.

As you know, I'm very skeptical, but I'd like nothing better than to be proven wrong. Who wouldn't want their system to sound better?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
As you know, I'm very skeptical, but I'd like nothing better than to be proven wrong. Who wouldn't want their system to sound better?
Everyone should strive for the best sounding system they can afford. I'm not rich, I buy what I can, when I can within my budget. That's all any of us can do right? I look at it as a challenge. If I were a millionaire all the fun would be taken out of this hobby. If hire a professional and they'd pick out everything and hook everything up. They fun of this hobby is reading the reviews, finding out what you like, be passionate about it and getting things as right as you can and reaping the rewards of your hard work and listening to incredible music and movies. Having others enjoy it. I email an owner of a home theater type company sometimes and he loves my passion for this hobby. I love his companies products and he is a very cool dude, already willing to help.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
We live in a world of "alternative facts" anyway.
You mean you're not James Hetfield!?

Sorry to needle ya on the amp. I got my first separates back in 83 or so and wasn't as mightily impressed vs the receiver they replaced, YMMV. I still have 6 power amps in the house and 4 avrs, just don't supplement the avrs any longer with the power amps (primarily as am not listening as loudly, not due sound quality differences).

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
You mean you're not James Hetfield!?

Sorry to needle ya on the amp. I got my first separates back in 83 or so and wasn't as mightily impressed vs the receiver they replaced, YMMV. I still have 6 power amps in the house and 4 avrs, just don't supplement the avrs any longer with the power amps (primarily as am not listening as loudly, not due sound quality differences).
I wish but I'm afraid not. I'd have some good equipment if I was though.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I wish but I'm afraid not. I'd have some good equipment if I was though.

Maybe, but would you want his tinnitus? I'm starting to get it and it ain't fun.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe, but would you want his tinnitus? I'm starting to get it and it ain't fun.
I have it just from attending his shows and I paid to get in. At least he made millions for it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have it. I've been doing the same as you and giving my ears a break as I get older. There would be nothing worse to me than going freaking deaf and having all this awesome audio equipment.

Since I've been experimenting with taking Audyssey measurements over the back of my chair, I've noticed that the upper frequencies are getting a little more attention now. I can really hear the symbols and the higher frequencies a lot better now. I want to be able to continue doing that.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have it. I've been doing the same as you and giving my ears a break as I get older. There would be nothing worse to me than going freaking deaf and having all this awesome audio equipment.

Since I've been experimenting with taking Audyssey measurements over the back of my chair, I've noticed that the upper frequencies are getting a little more attention now. I can really hear the symbols and the higher frequencies a lot better now. I want to be able to continue doing that.
You can hear symbols? Wow :rolleyes: Cymbals I can hear still. Sorry, couldn't resist :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have read up on the technical differences and features of these Yamaha lines, but can't find much relating to the actual sound. In comparable specs models, will there be a notable diffedence in "SOUND" between the RX-V line and the RX-A Aventage line???
Among the two model lines with comparable power levels, I would expect no sound difference between the two lines until you run across a feature thst the other lacks with respect to sound fields and or equalization.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis