Yamaha rx-a3080 excellent to almost mint condition

T

tbwebdev34

Audioholic
UP for sale is a yamaha rx-a3080 4k 9.2-11.2 receiver with box original packaging and all accessories like new. I bought this 6 months ago as a refurbished for 1399.99 plus tax and have used it as a processor to my mc255 and Rotel 1585, Rotel 1590 amps. I’ve since upgraded to a Marantz av8805a for my processor needs. The internal amps were never used, there’s 2 scratches on back. Barely used in the last 6 months so there’s that as well. I’m looking at 875$ + shipping or locale sale, and no I don’t use PayPal nor do I allow buy and try transactions. This does have a 3 years cps warranty as well that’s transferable.

Attachments

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I think some are perhaps put off by the “excellent” and “almost mint” description of a refurbished unit. It's quite a bit of money for a unit that has already failed in one way or another and been resold.

Nobody wants to buy somebody else’s problems. You bought it six months ago and barely used it before buying something else. It doesn’t inspire confidence.

T

tbwebdev34

Audioholic
Interesting, so why would anyone buy it for 1299.99 at a4 l which is where I bought it originally? Your comment doesn’t really make much sense. So your saying people would never buy refurbs(which is a blatant stupid remark)

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Interesting, so why would anyone buy it for 1299.99 at a4 l which is where I bought it originally? Your comment doesn’t really make much sense. So your saying people would never buy refurbs(which is a blatant stupid remark)
He didn't say never buy refurbished...most of know they can be a good buy...usually.
Most of us know to be wary though when someone buys one and tries to sell it immediately. (you've had it up for sale since early April)
Calling someone stupid over caution when all the red flags go up is self defeating...plus makes you look like a total Richard.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
If you have the nerve to make remarks concerning the "Poor Trash" on this site, at least let those remarks stand and don't delete them. Some do buy refurbs from reputable outfits. Not many are looking to buy third hand from somebody who bought a refurbished unit and then for whatever reason is trying to turn it over.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, then you only have yourself to blame for sticking around and then trying to sell your unit to this bunch of "idiots."

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
It is not a stupid comment. Many of us long term members have somewhat of a bias against refurbs and for logical reasons. We have noted an excess incidence of problems with refurbs over the years.

Whilst many refurb units are in effect just open box returned units, or have had minor issues, many have not.
So a number have had intermittent faults, and when returned for refurb work perfectly. You can't fix a working unit. Then the unit is sold as a refurb and the unlucky new owner soon runs into the into the pesky intermittent fault.

Even if there is a major problem involving a board replacement, then that unit will have undergone major dismantling and rebuilding. These modern receivers are so packed in, the long term outcome is uncertain to say the least. So, refurbs are a roll of the dice, no doubt about it.

So a prospective purchaser has to wonder why you are offloading this unit after such a short period of time. You are a new member here with no 'street cred'. You have already come across "all mouth and trousers." That is not a way to advance you chances of a successful sale.

Lastly we all use quality cables, we just don't buy 'magic' cables. We are a science and engineering, 'best practice' based forum. Many of us do use separates, including myself. I have three full functioning separate AVP/power amp system operating in our home.

If you want to remain a remember here, you are welcome, but it would be wise to start with an apology to the membership for your totally uncalled for abuse.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Seems this guy has a history of name calling and such here....best to ignore him and any of his posts.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Seems this guy has a history of name calling and such here....best to ignore him and any of his posts.

He had not been on my radar before. I see he is a bonafide Twot!

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I deleted his post and asked if he would like to leave the forum permanently. If we plebs that believe in science offend his sensitive nature then he should depart.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis