lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I hear ya, but here I am. it's 108 outside right now as I type... sigh.
Yep, that's why I wouldn't live in such a place. Especially one without its own water supply.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You're supposed to hear the word "enjoy" in your head with a sarcastic tone. It sucks and it's only gonna get hotter. Misty (my pooch) and I don't last much more than 10 minutes playing fetch in the afternoon now. Terrible cycling weather, that's for sure!

I spent 20 winters in Pennsylvania. It still beats shoveling snow, dealing with frozen pipes and nasty, dirty, salty snow. Blah.
I hear this! Couple years ago we had a winter where it stayed below zero degrees Fahrenheit. For 50 days it never got above zero. I've been making a case to get the Fock outta here. Maybe someday...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Ah yes. I live in the Phoenix metro area. We've been enjoying triple digit temperatures for a couple weeks already.

I was just through Tuscon not long ago when I drove to Texas. It's also where I drove to get my first real subwoofer.
I have gone on three rafting trips in the Grand Canyon, in August of '91, June of '97 and July of '02. It may be cool at the North Rim, but the bottom is just like being in PHX. When the raft is tied off on the East wall and the Sun has been pounding the rock all day, it could be incredibly hot. Fortunately, we could always go into the water if we were too hot, but the bad part- the water is about 49°F. Can't stay there forever. I have spent more time in PHX during hot weather than cool- it's hot, but it's a lot more tolerable than hot and humid, IMO. I prefer 100 and dry to 70 and humid, any day.

Went to Havasu on a family vacation- my parents had bought a couple of lots out there and wanted to see if it was a place we might move to. This was in August and the first day, we had 116°F, the next was 124°F.

I have been watching the news out there- what's the deal with all of the wrong way drivers on the freeway?

highfigh

highfigh

I hear this! Couple years ago we had a winter where it stayed below zero degrees Fahrenheit. For 50 days it never got above zero. I've been making a case to get the Fock outta here. Maybe someday...
You're not in the Milwaukee area, are you?

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
If you think Tucson is hot, go to Phoenix or Havasu.

Have you been to The Fix? It's a Mac & Cheese place, across from U of A.
You are right! Phoenix is unreal! Don't know how they do it:eek: Unless you just grew up there, I guess..

I have not been to The fix. Is it good?

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have gone on three rafting trips in the Grand Canyon, in August of '91, June of '97 and July of '02. It may be cool at the North Rim, but the bottom is just like being in PHX. When the raft is tied off on the East wall and the Sun has been pounding the rock all day, it could be incredibly hot. Fortunately, we could always go into the water if we were too hot, but the bad part- the water is about 49°F. Can't stay there forever. I have spent more time in PHX during hot weather than cool- it's hot, but it's a lot more tolerable than hot and humid, IMO. I prefer 100 and dry to 70 and humid, any day.

Went to Havasu on a family vacation- my parents had bought a couple of lots out there and wanted to see if it was a place we might move to. This was in August and the first day, we had 116°F, the next was 124°F.

I have been watching the news out there- what's the deal with all of the wrong way drivers on the freeway?
Hell if I know! I blame the snowbirds. ;)

I hear you on the humidity, though I dunno about the 70 - 100 degree comparison. Pretty sure I'd take a humid 70. I grew up in humid weather. You're right though. 100 is pretty tolerable sans humidity. Once you get above 115 (hits 120 -125 routinely every summer) humidity goes out the window. The dry heat only applies at around 100 and below.

HD... sorry for stealing all your water! I had to shower and take a drink today though. That comment almost came across a little hostile... :( I don't water grass or waste it. FWIW I do xeriscape...

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General

LOL 124!? , that's just obscene. I liked Milwaukee when I was there a few years ago, that's a pretty cool city.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
You're supposed to hear the word "enjoy" in your head with a sarcastic tone. It sucks and it's only gonna get hotter. Misty (my pooch) and I don't last much more than 10 minutes playing fetch in the afternoon now. Terrible cycling weather, that's for sure!

I spent 20 winters in Pennsylvania. It still beats shoveling snow, dealing with frozen pipes and nasty, dirty, salty snow. Blah.
I hear you. After I finished shoveling on snow days I'd just come back inside and look out the window, thankful to be working from home. Then crack open a cold one, crank up the tunes, or watch the local weather people tell everyone how bad it is outside and to stay in. :D

highfigh

highfigh

You are right! Phoenix is unreal! Don't know how they do it:eek: Unless you just grew up there, I guess..

Haven't been there yet, but a friend and his wife bought the place when he left Burr-Brown/Texas Instruments. Seems to be doing very well and it's very popular. I have read a lor of positive reviews.

highfigh

highfigh

They need to stop using asphalt out there- the temperature difference from paving with concrete or asphalt on different sides of a street can be over ten degrees, just because of the difference in reflection and absorption.

highfigh

highfigh

LOL 124!? , that's just obscene. I liked Milwaukee when I was there a few years ago, that's a pretty cool city.
How cool it is depends on where you are. Many parts are definitely not cool.

What was the occasion when you were here- Summerfest?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They need to stop using asphalt out there- the temperature difference from paving with concrete or asphalt on different sides of a street can be over ten degrees, just because of the difference in reflection and absorption.
How are we supposed to cook eggs on the street without asphalt? :p

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hell if I know! I blame the snowbirds. ;)

I hear you on the humidity, though I dunno about the 70 - 100 degree comparison. Pretty sure I'd take a humid 70. I grew up in humid weather. You're right though. 100 is pretty tolerable sans humidity. Once you get above 115 (hits 120 -125 routinely every summer) humidity goes out the window. The dry heat only applies at around 100 and below.

HD... sorry for stealing all your water! I had to shower and take a drink today though. That comment almost came across a little hostile... :( I don't water grass or waste it. FWIW I do xeriscape...
Must have been Ed Abbey channeling thru me :) I'd take a humid 70 over 100.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
How cool it is depends on where you are. Many parts are definitely not cool.

What was the occasion when you were here- Summerfest?
No, I was there for work, but I hear SummerFest is a good time. I didn't realize it was the worlds largest music festival. I would love to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers perform there later this month. Yeah, I know some parts definitely are not cool.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I never thought about that but you are right.

highfigh

highfigh

No, I was there for work, but I hear SummerFest is a good time. I didn't realize it was the worlds largest music festival. I would love to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers perform there later this month. Yeah, I know some parts definitely are not cool.
This would be a good year to go- some years, the lack of quality acts on tour makes it less exciting, but on a good year, it can be great. This is the 50th anniversary, and they got some really good acts.

You know the bit George Carlin used to do about the 'Seven Words You Can't Say On TV'? Did you ever see him do that in a police officer's uniform? If you did, it was because he was arrested for disorderly conduct immediately after finishing on stage at Summerfest, in '72. I was at that show and we could see the police at the side of the stage just before he was done.

I saw the Chili Peppers there- I think it was during Lolapalooza, when a friend was working as a member of the crew for the Violent Femmes. One day, he called me while I was at work and asked if I wanted a pair of tickets for the show and the after party. I said "Yes, please" and IIRC, it was the Femmes, Ice Cubes or Bjork as a solo act, The Pogues, possibly Ice T & Body Count, the Chili Peppers and possibly Smashing Pumpkins. When we went backstage for the after party, I saw Jerry Harrison, who had produced the Femmes, Smashing Pumpkins, Crash Test Dummies and others since his time with Talking Heads- he was a customer of mine when I worked at a stereo store not far from where he lived. My friend just kind of stood there with his mouth hanging open.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis