Yamaha RX-A3010 9.2 AVENTAGE Receiver Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Yamaha RX-A3010 is a 9.2 channel receiver sporting 150 watts per channel. It has 11 pairs of binding posts, 11.2 channel analogue outputs, and supports almost all the latest networking features. The new RX-A3010 adds only $100 to the MSRP of the RX-A3000 but you get some significant upgrades. In fact, if you look at the (now getting long in the tooth) RX-Z11, aside from a couple of amps, the RX-A3010 has almost the same features. Of course, the RX-Z11 retails for $5500 (rather than the $2000 of the RX-A3010). What a difference a couple of years make huh?

Discuss "Yamaha RX-A3010 9.2 AVENTAGE Receiver Preview" here. Read the article.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
This is truly a top contender!!!
Bench Test PLEASE :)
Im loving my Aventage to death, highly recommended!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm thinking Yamaha is hungry again and wants top seat. Maybe they improved their YPAO once again to compete with Audessy.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I'm on the fence about bench testing a 3010 since it will likely test as well or slightly better than an RX-Z7 which I exhaustively tested already. Wouldn't you guys rather see a different brand/model bench tested instead?

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
I'm on the fence about bench testing a 3010 since it will likely test as well or slightly better than an RX-Z7 which I exhaustively tested already. Wouldn't you guys rather see a different brand/model bench tested instead?
Absolutely test something else. You already tested the 3000 model - I can't see any differences from last year that would require a full retest.

Test something like a Denon 4311 or maybe an Onkyo 500x or 300x instead.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok..maybe not an exhaustive test but I would like to see the YPAO portion tested since its been modified. That part is new. I would also like to see a comparion between this YPAO and the latest version of Audessy found on the higher end Denons to see if their is perceptable difference in SQ. There have been a number of posts dismissing YPAO compared to that of Audessy based on specs only. You know what I mean? :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Absolutely test something else. You already tested the 3000 model - I can't see any differences from last year that would require a full retest.

Test something like a Denon 4311 or maybe an Onkyo 500x or 300x instead.
YPAO has been improved upon and that alone is worth a test. Denon was the latest recevier to be tested by Audioholics. ;)

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
Ok..maybe not an exhaustive test but I would like to see the YPAO portion tested since its been modified. That part is new. I would also like to see a comparion between this YPAO and the latest version of Audessy found on the higher end Denons to see if their is perceptable difference in SQ. There have been a number of posts dismissing YPAO compared to that of Audessy based on specs only. You know what I mean? :)
An Audyssey XT32 vs. YPAO with R.S.C. would indeed be the most beneficial test a RX-A3010 could be involved in. In fact, throwing in Anthem's ARC and Pioneer's MCACC would also be good - sort of a room correction shootout/comparison.

I still feel that a full bench tested A3010 review is redundant; even the YPAO upgrade seems to be a carry over from last year.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
An Audyssey XT32 vs. YPAO with R.S.C. would indeed be the most beneficial test a RX-A3010 could be involved in. In fact, throwing in Anthem's ARC and Pioneer's MCACC would also be good - sort of a room correction shootout/comparison.

I still feel that a full bench tested A3010 review is redundant; even the YPAO upgrade seems to be a carry over from last year.
Though I would like to see if the 1kHz Psweep ACD numbers came up on the 3010, the previous model's numbers tell enough and are probably not all that different.

I would agree that a room setup/correction test shootout would be of greater value to AVR buyers.

Steve

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
We want it all, Gene!;) ...It is better to revolve brands being tested.

I'd also like to see a comparison on the room correction software's. I'm just curious to whether the differences are enough to sway a decision on what brand to buy. I really like my Yamaha RX-V2500 but am looking to update. Is Audyssey worth jumping ship to Denon or Onkyo/Integra, or am I and others placing too much worth on room correction?

AYColumbia

AYColumbia

Audiophyte
I'm considering this unit. I'm basically down to two: RX-A3010 and Integra 50.3.

I've been reading that if I don't have the exact same speakers, I should go with a unit that has the Audyssey XT where YPAO would be better for the same speakers.

My speakers are all from the same manufacturer but different models. So is what I've been reading correct in that I'd be better off going with the Integra over the Yamaha due to my speakers or is the info on this overblown? Thanks for any guidance.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm considering this unit. I'm basically down to two: RX-A3010 and Integra 50.3.

I've been reading that if I don't have the exact same speakers, I should go with a unit that has the Audyssey XT where YPAO would be better for the same speakers.

My speakers are all from the same manufacturer but different models. So is what I've been reading correct in that I'd be better off going with the Integra over the Yamaha due to my speakers or is the info on this overblown? Thanks for any guidance.
Perosnally, I think its over blown...but if you went and auditioned or were able to trail them with your set-up..thhen you could tell us first hand.

N

Noobalert

Audiophyte

Oops, missed that one. ;)
Yeah I Missed that one as well lol. So something that came out last year, can be called "New" the following year... Interesting indeed :)

I

iraweiss

Enthusiast
I'd say test it.

One BIG difference is adding two additional amps. Did this improve performance or vice versa?

I

iraweiss

Enthusiast
I thought the 3000 had seven amps and the 3010 has nine.

I

iraweiss

Enthusiast
The difference IS the number of amps!

From Yamaha's web site compare:

Product Name RX-A3010RX-A3010 RX-A3000RX-A3000
Channel 9.2 7.2

That's a difference.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers