Yamaha RX-A2050 independent zones, multi zones, Nas, Bluetooth, Airplay, no analog audio source.

L

Loa Boa

Audiophyte
Hello I have few questions regarding the Yamaha RX-A2050.

How can I play independently the Main zone, Zone 2, Zone 3 and Zone 4?

I disabled the party mode, and I want to play internet radio on the zone 2, also I would like to play server music from the nas storage in the server mode on the main zone and I want to play Bluetooth on the zone 3, the key factor is that I want independent zones, I don't want to hear any zone mixing neither zone sync.
If I play one source on a selected zone I don't want to hear that source input in any other zones neither I want to monitor any other zones into the main zone.

The best that I made is that when I played the internet radio over the Yamaha webgui on the zone 2 as a first played source, and after that I would play the Nas server music on the Main zone.
I would get two separate zones for a 10 seconds only, and after the 10 seconds it would switch to the last played zone and it would copy for example main zone to the zone 2.

In the case that I play vice versa, which means that I firstly play the zone 2 with Internet radio as the source and as a second I would play the the main zone with the nas server music, Yamaha would play for the 5 seconds independently the two zones, and after the 5 seconds it would switch off the first played zone and it would copy over the last played zone which was the zone 2 to the main zone.

Second question is how could I setup that one Bluetooth device plays (for example Samsung Android S7) selected music on the unique zone for example Main Zone "only" and that the second Bluetooth device plays (for example Iphone 6) on the different zone separately like on the Zone 2 or Zone 3? Which means that I would hear one device on one zone and second device on the second zone.

Also I would like to know how could I setup that I use one Nas device (qnap Nas server) and to play in the Nas server mode, one flac song to the main zone "only" and that I play second flac song in the Zone 2 "only", which means that I would get two separate zones from the same streaming source.

Also I would like to remind you that I don't use any analog source, neither I use any analog input/output. Everything is in the DNLA, NFS, optical, coaxial, or Airplay, Bluetooth or HDMI input.

One more question, I heard earlier that some Yamaha devices couldn't play separately zones if I play stereo on the main zone with some of the pro-logic functions enabled, is that truth?

Thank you.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Have you referenced your manual or spoke with your dealer when trying to do any of this?

I would think it is possible to play different sources in each zone. You will NOT be able to use more than one bluetooth device at a time, so no multiple devices in different zones.

Yamaha may also consider bluetooth, internet radio and your NAS as all network devices and may only do one at a time which is why it ends up playing the same source in both zones. Have you tried to play regular radio on one zone and your NAS on another just to see if that works without shutting one off?

Your manual is also not clear if it can use digital sources in all zones. In the past most manufacturers only used analog devices for the secondary zones. It does look like HDMI will work in Zone 2 but not in the others.

Zone 4 looks to be using the second HDMI output and will only use HDMI sources so this would not work with any network source.

Yamaha does have musiccast so you could add other devices that would give you more whole house audio type control but not using just the receiver.

All and all I think that what you are trying to do is not possible with the combination of sources you want ot use. It does seem as though you could have one network device, and three other sources going to each zone but there will be limits due to connection type and how Yamaha treats networks sources.

Good luck.

L

Loa Boa

Audiophyte
Awful, they were clearly advertising independent zones, and I asked Authorized dealership regarding this. They said yes, but it could be that they are bunch of amateurs.
I'm in shock when I see in year 2016 that someone is referring to audio sources as something that is essential in the era of digital integration, with the device that is costing 1500 euros.
I see that I made mistake of selling Onkyo which is a dragon for Yamaha because independent zones were working like a charm.

All the things I mentioned were working on Onkyo.

I think that I need to bust some noses of persons in Yamaha dealership that clearly lied me, and made me lose my time.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis