Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hardware

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Rodrigo Soares

Rodrigo Soares

Audiophyte
Hey Folks!

I have a Yamaha Receiver model V673 and i have a big problem.

When i try to turn it on, its keeps the stand by mode and starts to blinking the led of the stand by.

the receiver never worked again. all what it does is blink the led and turn off.

I went to the technical support and he said that is software and he charged me something about $400,00. That's crazy.

Can you guys help me, please?

Thank you very much.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
The Yamaha is going into protection mode (a HARDWARE failure). First disconnect all (speaker) wires and all (other) connections. Then disconnect the receiver power for 30 minutes. With everything still disconnected try powering it back up.

If it powers up and doesn't go into protection mode the issue may be caused by one of the connections (most likely, the speaker wires). Make sure there is no stray wire shorting across the terminals. Also, for the length of the wire, confirm that the insulation is intact.

If it still goes into protection mode then the issue is with an internal fault and you'll need to have it serviced by a technician. Considering the cost quoted, try someone else or (my vote) you might as well put the money towards a new receiver.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis