Yamaha Home Theater Advice

rexinu

rexinu

Audiophyte
Hey guys, apologies if im posting this in the wrong section but im after some opinions on the theatre setup im about to purchase.

Yamaha 310 Slimline System
1 X Pair Yamaha NS-F310 Main Speakers
1 X Pair Yamaha NS-B310 Surround Speakers
1 X Yamaha NS-C310 Centre Speaker
1 X Yamaha NS-SW310 Subwoofer
http://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/speaker-systems/speaker-packages/310-series/?mode=series#tab=product_lineup

1 X Yamaha RX-A720 A/V Receiver including free Wi-Fi adaptor
http://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/aventage/rx-a720/?mode=model#tab=product_lineup

The section where these will go is approximately 6x6m although the left hand side of the lounge area opens into the dining area as an opening floor plan. Anyone have some input on the quality of the setup and whether it should suit. I might add that im no audiophile by any means but rather after a half decent system

Thanks

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

There are a lot of options out there for speakers and electronics, and a number of criteria that go into someone's decision to pick one product over another (e.g. cost, availability, audio goals). So, as to the whether those Yamaha products will suit you - that's a tough call for any of us here. However, I can say that Yamaha receivers are well regarded and that model looks like a nice one. It has auto setup and room correction (Yamaha's YPAO system), and I'm a fan of receivers that have that feature. You'll want to make sure that it has all of the connections that you might like to use now or in the (at least near) future. As for if you'll like the speakers and if that receiver will have enough power for you, my biggest advice is to buy from a place that will let you try them in your own home and return them if you don't like them.

rexinu

rexinu

Audiophyte
Thank you for the reply. Its hard to decide given there are not much places that offer to hear the sound system before purchasing it. To be honest i have narrowed it down to either the above system mentioned or the following package.

HN-473 - Home Theatre Packages - Yamaha - Australia

I know the first package has a better/newer reciever but my query is overall which would produce the better sound output. The second systems seems as though it may have the ability to generate more power/ sound. The actual space the system will occupy is 6x4 which is small although one side of the room opens out into the kitchen/dining area similar to an open floor living plan.

Once again thanks for the reply, first time buying a surround system and after all the advice i could get

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Almost without exception, the best sound will be produced by the system with the best speakers. Ąmplifiers can make a difference in the sound, but they typically do not. You should concern yourself with the features on the different receivers to make sure that they are satisfactory for your purposes, but the best sound quality will almost certainly be achieved with whichever has the best speakers. Since I have not heard any of these speakers with which you are concerned, I have no opinion of them.

rexinu

rexinu

Audiophyte
Thanks for the help. Im not sure if there would be a big difference between the 473 and the 720 aside from some more power and one or two little extra features. I think that due to the open floor plan i might go for the larger more powerful speakers (ns-555 etc) compared to the Slimline 310 series and just accept the receiver may not be as good. They will both set me back around the same money wise maybe a couple hundred cheaper for the 473 package

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis