Yamaha bass management

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thought I'd throw this out and see if anyone has a solution for me on this:

I find that with my current setup television/movies benefit quite substantially from using the room correction built into my receiver [RX-V765], but it absolutely kills music. The best solution I've come up with for this is to use the pure direct mode to bypass the equalization which works out great for the speakers, but bypasses all bass management.

Is there any way I'm missing to go about this, either changing the way things are hooked up or settings, in order to quickly bypass the room correction while maintaining bass management.

I've been racking my brain and come up completely blank here.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm assuming that the "Straight" mode doesn't turn off the room equalizer settings, right? Page 56 of the manual gives the menu options for turning the equalizer off, in case no one knows a better way.

G

Grador

I'm assuming that the "Straight" mode doesn't turn off the room equalizer settings, right? Page 56 of the manual gives the menu options for turning the equalizer off, in case no one knows a better way.
Yeah, strait is no-DSP but equalization.

I know how to turn it off but it's just a pain in the *** to do it every time i listen to music and undo when i'm done. (I do realize you were probably putting that there for general reference)

T

tstan7777

Enthusiast
I run two cables from my player - one to dvd and one to cd. You can set up each input however you'd like and leave it. All you have to do is switch sources.

G

Grador

On the 765 autoPEQ is a global setting and does not change with inputs, additionally all my music and movies are on my media server connected with HDMI. It cannot be easily split.

JOHN FICKEL

JOHN FICKEL

Senior Audioholic
I have a Yamaha RX-Z9. I also hate the eq as well. I have eq defeat selected and use straight mode for music. Yamaha says the only thing this mode does is by-pass all DSP processing. That's why it is called straight. All your bass management stays in tact. Straight takes and signal and just passes it through. For example. A 5.1 signal will be 5.1 with no additional processing. Same for 2 channel. That will only be 2 channel. No processing.

JOHN FICKEL

JOHN FICKEL

Senior Audioholic
The pure direct takes it a step further with by-passing all the video processing

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis