Yamaha announces new RX-A1030, RX-A2030 and RX-A3030 Receivers

K

k9work

Audiophyte
I am soo glad you had info on these amps. I am looking to replace my old yamaha RX-V1600. I recently bought a sony blue ray player and an LG hi def Tv.This really helped me on making a decison on which amp to get thanks Audioholics!!!!

D

deejaysurfer

Audiophyte
I have an RX-Z7 and I love it but it lacks a lot of modern features that I would like to simplify my home theater setup.

The big features I am looking for are:

• Dual HDMI out w/ Zone 2 output for a SEPARATE HD source in another room (will this be 2.0 audio?).
• AirPlay
•*HDMI Pass-through (make it easier for people at my place to use the set-up)
• Dual Subwoofer Outputs
• 7-8 HDMI Inputs
• Bi-Amp the front L + R for cleaner power (FYI I do NOT have a 7.1 hookup in the main room now)

I am looking at the Yamaha Aventage RX-A1030 or RX-A2030. I can see the differences but I was wondering with the information i have provided above what model would you recommend for me.

I appreciate your response

-Chad

A

AudioholicWill

Audiophyte
Yamaha RX-A3030

Fellows, I think many of you are way too technologically or should I say engineerically inclined or involved (yes I know engineerically does not exist in the dictionary I just invented it), but why in the world the DAC the ESS, the GITTER, etc....why bringing all that techno Language to buy a receiver, not every Audiophile knows that.

Your ears, a gre8 set of speakers, gold plated banana plugs and most of all, 12 gauge, multi-stranded O2 free copper wires (inexpensive at Monoprice or ever more expensive higher end silver backs), and a brand of good reputation receiver are all you need.

That the Yamaha RX-A3030 is way too expensive, yes I know, but so are the other brands. I got it, brand new for less than $1400, not refurbished, brand new. I compared to top brands flagships like Marantz and Denon, really.... the difference is the price, the technology is the same. They all have good reputation.

At one point I could not tell the difference between a thin wire that came with my Infinity speakers or a higher end wire, however, after owning the RX-A3030 for 8 months I was not impressed so I went for higher end wires, still no impressed, not difference.

OK, let me try something else before I criticize this unit down. I have done calibrations (YPO) many times since I bought it. Why don't I completely clean it, wipe out all the settings, restore it to its factory settings, start from scratch and recalibrate. Voila, now I can tell you this unit is capable of doing what is supposed to do, in fact, all of them do if set up accordingly with the proper gadgets. The question is.... which brand do you prefer and how much are you willing to pay?

Last edited:
S

servant387

Audiophyte
Thanks for the review. I heard you mention that one could buy a new left over Denon 4520 ci for around $1200 and it is true but my concerns are the reviews. Of course many people love their Denon 4520 receiver and give positive reviews but there are so many negative reviews on the Denon so I am leaning towards the A3030. I have seen a lot less reviews but so far I have only seen one negative review on the Yammie and I`ll bet I have seen 20 negative reviews on the Denon.Any other tried and true suggestions?

T

Tilmann

Audiophyte
I'm currently putting my system together and I'm strongly considering to go for a Yamaha RX-A1010. Given that I will add a power amp for an upgraded music experience, the pre-out performance of the AVR is quite important to me. The RX-A1010 showed quite good results in the review, is it reasonable to expect that the RX-A1030 will perform similarly?? I couldn't find any dedicated review/performance test for the 1030, any advise?? I can currently get both for the same price, so logically I would go for the 1030 if its pre-out performs as well...

M

Marc Tellevik

Audiophyte
Not sure where the correct place for this question would be?

Is there any way to get the Yamaha RX-1030 to connect to a Linux server?
I know it has the ability to get music from Windows media servers.
TIA
MT

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis