Yamaha 4600 or 2500 as far as Preamp

J

jayswizz

Junior Audioholic
Hello again everyone,
I have another question, Is the preamp section of the 4600 better than the preamp section of the 2500. I already have a seperate amp. Does it make sense to save the money and go with the 2500?

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
I use the 2500 as a preamp and it works really well. Personally, unless you have oodles of dough or are set on having HDMI, I woudn't even give the 4600 a second look. I haven't heard anything about it outdoing the 2500 as far as sound quality.

J

jayswizz

Junior Audioholic
Thanks Doug,
I share the same thinking. I do not want to spend double for the same processing abilities.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
The audioholics review of the 4600 says that the preamp section of the 4600 is substantially improved over that of the 2500.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
furrycute said:
The audioholics review of the 4600 says that the preamp section of the 4600 is substantially improved over that of the 2500.
.....check the specs....more quality build-components used along the signal paths through the receiver....less deviation of the signal as it passes through....using signals, which were presented, at hopefully +/- O db....but whatever is presented, it pretty much comes "out", the same thing the receiver got fed, with more quality components via build-quality-emphasis....those parts cost them, and us, more, sure....I believe there's a definite difference in why they charge 700-800 for one, and 1800 for the other....let's just be glad we can do a bunch with a pre-pro receiver, huh?....

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis