XM on Direct TV now SONC?

upsized

upsized

Enthusiast
Don't know about y'all, but I used to really enjoy listening to the XM offerings on my satellite dish as background music whilst doing other things, and while they were just through the TV speakers and a sub :rolleyes: it was ok considering the output and mismatch.
Now almost simultaneously I have a new Onkyo HTIB AND Directy TV is playing "SONC" channels( instead of XM) and the fidelity is just plain gawd awful- muted and wavering/fades in and out cyclically. I know it is not my system because CD's sound excellent.
Has anyone else noticed this with Dirtect TVs music channels??
Is XM/Serius being offered by any of the cable companies or only by subscription straight from XM/Serius??
SONC SUX!!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Don't know about y'all, but I used to really enjoy listening to the XM offerings on my satellite dish as background music whilst doing other things, and while they were just through the TV speakers and a sub :rolleyes: it was ok considering the output and mismatch.
Now almost simultaneously I have a new Onkyo HTIB AND Directy TV is playing "SONC" channels( instead of XM) and the fidelity is just plain gawd awful- muted and wavering/fades in and out cyclically. I know it is not my system because CD's sound excellent.
Has anyone else noticed this with Dirtect TVs music channels??
Is XM/Serius being offered by any of the cable companies or only by subscription straight from XM/Serius??
SONC SUX!!
I noticed and I'm pretty PO'd. If XM thinks they'll survive without DirtecTV, they're wrong. I actually switched from cable to DirecTV because of XM and now that XM is gone, I'm not a happy camper. I talked to someone in CS today and she didn't have a clue about it but said I could go to the website and complain, which I plan to do.

It's not your system, it's Sonic Crap that sounds bad. I liked the sound from XM a lot but the Sirius channels that were added after XM and Sirius merged sounded like crap.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis