P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
not sure if it makes a difference or not but.

I need a XLR to RCA adapter which i saw they have on parts express.

I will be going from my Marantz receiver RCA to a Behringer 2500 XLR.

Should I buy the RCA to XLR and run an XLR cable to the behringer or
Buy XLR to RCA and run a RCA cable to the behringer and connect into the adapter.
Distance run will be about 12feet will one carry a signal better then the other.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

Buy XLR to RCA and run a RCA cable to the behringer and connect into the adapter.
Distance run will be about 12feet will one carry a signal better then the other.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10244&cs_id=1024404&p_id=4779&seq=1&format=2

Get as many of those as you need. P-E gets there cables from monoprice anyway.

Unless of course you are buying terminals and just want to save on shipping.

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
Great that is actually what i was originally looking for.
I cant seem to find them on the parts express site I am ordering other stuff as well and rather pay one ship price do you know if they sell them? I can only find those adapters not the actual cable that you posted a link to .

Thanks

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

Distance run will be about 12 feet will one carry a signal better then the other.
12' isn't usually enough to make much difference unless you have a lot of RF and EMI flying around. Shielded cable with RCA ends can carry signal long distances without degradation and balanced cables are really best if all equipment uses that. Is the amp's input XLR only?Personally, I would buy enough cable for all future needs and make my own.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
You should just run long length of RCA. The XLR will not provide ANY special shielding because it is not acting as a balanced cable with a simple RCA to XLR adapter. If you want to use XLR as a true balanced line, you have to use a balanced converter such as an ART DTI box, which converts unbalanced RCA to true balanced XLR. This box does not add any gain, btw. If you need to add gain, use a Samson S Convert box. This changes to balanced and adds adjustable gain to feed the pro amp properly if your receiver has insufficient output voltage to do so properly.

-Chris

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
I am not sure what the output voltage is on my receiver. I will be using the Sub-output (rca) from my Marantz SR 4001 receiver. From there I will feed the Behringer 2500 (xlr) which will power my diy sub that im building.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
I bought some XLR-to-RCA short adapters/cable from Radio Shack about a year ago and they work fine on my BFD. I don't recall them being too expensive. Probably around $5 each (they were not Monster).

M

ManishKasera

Junior Audioholic

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis