XBox-360 Compatible Keyboard?

Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
Greetings . . . I'm looking for a 'smaller-than-statndard-sized' keyboard (back lit) that I can pair up w/ my XBox 360 . . . because w/ a number of the apps, it sure makes typing & searching he internet (via Xbox Internet Explorer; or youtube for that matter) . . . as of today, I've borrowed a standard Microsoft multimedia keyboard from a friend and though it makes the actual typing, in the search window, easier . . .otherwise maneuvering the site is a bit difficult.

If anyone has (or has seen) some of the new smart TV's hitting the market; some offer the possibility of purchasing a small AV keyboard pad that is significantly shorter than the standard . . . . (for a small fee of $100 or something like that . . . Samsung seems to come to mind... .

p.s., I TRULY do not want one of Microsofts 'thumb keyboards' that mounts to the game controller

If I could remove the keyboard from my MacBook Pro .. . than that's what id do . . because it's the perfect sized keyboard & backlit . . .

In any case, I appreciate anyone that take time to respond to my inquiry..

Regards,
Shek5150

osmosis600

osmosis600

Enthusiast
they dont make one that i know off. you would have to get some kind of adapter to make it work.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
As far as I know any USB keyboard will work. I believe that includes USB wireless keyboards. I have a Logitech USB keyboard connected to my Xbox and it works great. Do you have an iPad or smart phone? Smart Glass is an option and it's free.

Newegg has a selection of HTPC keyboards. I'm pretty sure they're all standard USB wireless and they should work just fine on the Xbox.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007651&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&SrchInDesc=HTPC&Page=1&PageSize=100&cm_sp=KeyMouse234-_-VisNav-_-HTPCKey

I use an Apple keyboard on my PC because I fell in love with my MacBook keyboard. I have not tried plugging it into the Xbox but since it is a standard USB keyboard it should work just fine as well.

Last edited:
Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
Reply to Hi-Ho

Hey Hi-Ho,

Thanks for the reply . . . I have been using a borrowed microsoft multi-media keyboard and as far as typing text (e.g., in a search window) it works great; however, as far as maneuvering around the screen (e.g., tab, return, page up & down, those types of actions) . . . this keyboard is useless

Are you able to more than just type in the "search window". . . . I think it's just nuts that Microsoft doesn't have a dedicated keyboard for this considering the many apps that would benefit from its use . . .

And I tell you what, I'd never go back to a 'non-illuminated keyboard' . . .

Anyway, thanks for the info & I'll check out the link . . .

Later Hi-Ho . . .

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
No, unfortunately it is not easy to navigate with the keyboard. I have a universal remote that I use to navigate the menus. I agree that they should have a dedicated keyboard for this. It would make a lot of sense. The smart glass app for tablets and smartphones is a good start and it works very well. The problem is it does not allow typing in certain apps such as YouTube. these limitations really make no sense. Microsoft seems to be such a strange company when it comes to these kinds of things.I use my xbox everyday not for gaming, but as my DVR. I use it as a Media Center Extender and for that it is an awesome device.I just discovered that I could link my phone to the YouTube app on the Xbox and use it as a YouTube remote. That is how it should be done. Microsoft needs to take a lesson from Google.

by the way, I just typed this entire reply by speaking to my Samsung Galaxy S3. The Xbox has this functionality but only if you have the Kinect. Yet another thing that doesn't make sense. Why not allow the use of the headset to speak to the Xbox?

Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
X-Box Keyboard . .

I use the keyboard accessory that snaps onto the wireless controller. It's backlit and I love it.
Hey Clint,

Thanks for your reply; if I'm recalling the keyboard your talking about . . . you'd type using your thumbs, right? I was hoping to find a full size (though smaller) keyboard as I type far better (w/ all fingers) than I text w/ thumbs . . . also, w/ X-Box apps like Explorer & Youtube . . . I was hoping to find an actual keyboard . . .

p.s., I just find it so strange that Microsoft wouldn't have something like this available . . . thanks again.

Regards,

Shek

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis