3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Which edition did you buy? I bought the cheaper one for $19.98 at Wal-mart and have a question if you have the 2 disc set.
Mine has it listed on the spec box as 23MBPS, not very high. Do you or anyone has a higher number on the more expensive set?
I'll get back to you on that.

Just checked...its the dual disc and its the 23MBPS version.. What should it be? :eek:

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I finally got to it yesterday - I gotta say - for me - not big fan of x-men series (or most marvel superheros, except the first iron man) - First class wasn't bad..
Only think than a bit annoyed me is terrible acting of January Jones, but due to her other skills I could easily overlook that :rolleyes:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wanna clarify that if your setup can't do 112+ down to the infrasonic range without distortion, it's probably cutting out a lot of LFE info. what amazed me about the movie was how much my sub pressurized my seat.
So what are you trying to say?:eek:

That my daughters and her little friends can't enjoy the LFE of X-Men First Class in the living room since the living room only has the BIC PL-200?:D

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
uit's possible that your D15SE's won't even do this movie justice.. lol...I wanna see this movie in a really badass setup like warpdrv's, at reference levels, with the high pass filter turned OFF ;O

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
.I wanna see this movie in a really badass setup like warpdrv's, at reference levels, with the high pass filter turned OFF ;O
+1, BUT:

Will all due respect to Warp's SUBs, there is one more person who's bass addition raises to whole new level... look-up basspig ....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
uit's possible that your D15SE's won't even do this movie justice.. lol...I wanna see this movie in a really badass setup like warpdrv's, at reference levels, with the high pass filter turned OFF ;O
I think I set my dual D15SE to 28Hz.:D

They already rattle the glass in my french doors as it is now. I don't want to break the glass.:eek:

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I think I set my dual D15SE to 28Hz.:D

They already rattle the glass in my french doors as it is now. I don't want to break the glass.:eek:
For this movie, switch to 14hz. The rythmiks should have a compressor to keep em from bottoming.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I'll get back to you on that.

Just checked...its the dual disc and its the 23MBPS version.. What should it be? :eek:
Well, I was hoping something more, into the 30s perhaps? But I have no idea how to judge average bit rates to picture quality.

I was just checking to make sure I wasn't short changed on the numbers for buying a cheaper version.;) Thanks.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

For this movie, switch to 14hz. The rythmiks should have a compressor to keep em from bottoming.
Just what you guys need to happen, things sliding off the curio shelves and you would be living in a tent in the back yard:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just what you guys need to happen, things sliding off the curio shelves and you would be living in a tent in the back yard:D
No kidding!:eek::D

My wife already despises subwoofers as it is.

"A man's gotta know his limitations" - Dirty Harry.:D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yep..

I knocked a painting off one of my walls with my little PSB. I wore a sh?t eating grin and my wife threw daggers at me with her eyes. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat!! :p

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just watched this one and I enjoyed it. Great bass on this one for sure. Decent story that fits in with the comics a bit better. It was definitely better than the 3rd one. Worth a rent for sure.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched this last night, first time with the new sub. I had to turn down the bass on this one as the LFE track is very hot. The bass in this flick is much more apparent than it is in Pacific Rim.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I watched this last night, first time with the new sub. I had to turn down the bass on this one as the LFE track is very hot. The bass in this flick is much more apparent than it is in Pacific Rim.
I am not in a position to compare the two, yet, but, I doubt there is a standard bass recording level that every studio uses. But it is an interesting dilema:)
If memory serves, I am not sure if I had the problem with 1st class, but then, some family member doesn't like it loud. ;) :eek:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I am not in a position to compare the two, yet, but, I doubt there is a standard bass recording level that every studio uses. But it is an interesting dilema:)
If memory serves, I am not sure if I had the problem with 1st class, but then, some family member doesn't like it loud. ;) :eek:
Actually, I turned it down because other family members were complaining. I was eating it up with a big grin on my face. :p

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Nice bass in that film:
maxmercy @ data-bass said:
The Low Frequency Content Thread (films, games, music, etc) - Page 11 - The Bass - Data-Bass Forums
Level - 3 Stars (264.3dBHz)
Extension - 5 Stars (3Hz)
Dynamics - 4 Stars (27.4dB) Missed 5-Star by 0.1dB!
Execution - 5 Stars - Save for a sonic boom that was way too boomy, this film is packed with more ULF goodness than nearly any here.

Overall - 4.25 Stars

Recommendation - Buy. This film is terrific. The fact that it is a ULF-happy film is just bonus.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Actually, I turned it down because other family members were complaining. I was eating it up with a big grin on my face. :p
Some films are meant to be watched by yourself or understanding friends. ;) :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis