Would you care to comment?

T

Turranx

Audiophyte
I am an avid computer geek. There's no hiding it. :D I also enjoy listening to, playing with, and reading about higher quality audio equipment. I've read a number of the articles published by Audioholics and respect them. So when a computer hardware web site post a two-part article about High End Audio Cables, I thought I'd give it a read. I really wasn't impressed. Us computer geeks are all about the [H]ard numbers; and there were almost none to speak of in either part of this article. I dislike it when bad information is given to good people.

I'd love it if you could give it a read, and then comment on it. (If you like it, praise it. If you hate it, tear into it. ;) )

Part 1
Part 2

Last edited:
droeses58

droeses58

Audioholic
Two words, Bull Sh!t, snake oil, bunch of hooey balooey.

Before spending 1500 dollars on cables, upgrading your other equipment would make a far bigger difference. i.e. speakers, amp [more power] etc.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Snake oil alert!

You need only read the title, $1500 audio cable!
First off, despite the designers assertions, the purpose of any cable or interconnect to to transmit a signal from point A to B without modifying, coloring, attenuating, or otherwise altering the signal. For audio in perticular, the frequency requirements of 20-20K Hz signals are minimal when compared to the 3 GHz bandwidth of HD Video.

For about 20 cents per foot, 12 AWG (or maybe 10 AWG) belden copper speaker cable will work great and will not hinder the performance of any hi-fi audio system.

T

t3031999

Audioholic
Did you read the part about the interconnects being 36 gauge wire.
That's amazingly small. We use some 32 gauge at work and it is as thin as hair. So I can't imagine that the signal would transfer well at 32 gauge.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Turranx said:
I am an avid computer geek. There's no hiding it. :D I also enjoy listening to, playing with, and reading about higher quality audio equipment. I've read a number of the articles published by Audiohoics and respect them. So when a computer hardware web site post a two-part article about High End Audio Cables, I thought I'd give it a read. I really wasn't impressed. Us computer geeks are all about the [H]ard numbers; and there were almost none to speak of in either part of this article. I dislike it when bad information is given to good people.

I'd love it if you could give it a read, and then comment on it. (If you like it, praise it. If you hate it, tear into it. ;) )

Part 1
Part 2

Not much more to comment on than have been already posted. Just shows you that not even your line of hobby is immune from propagating bs. Just be careful. The consumer market place thrives on dubious claims.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
The final sentence sums it up: Do not be fooled into believing this relatively cheap wire was developed for some special audio application.

I did think it was a good overview of electrical theory though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis