would like to build a center to match my mains.

C

chucksrt

Audioholic
I just rebuilt a set of Infinite Slope model 1 speakers and I would like to build a center to compliment them. They use Dynavox TD2801XL tweeters and SEAS Prestige CA18RNX (H1215) 7" mids. I would love to build a center and I would guess to use the same speakers in the center as the mains do? I have access to all of the needed woodworking tools for building a cabinet but I am unsure of how to determine if they should be sealed or ported and I have no idea how to figure out what crossover to use or how to build a crossover. any help would be greatly appreciated or if you recommend a good program that can help me complete this.
Thanks,
Chuck

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I just rebuilt a set of Infinite Slope model 1 speakers and I would like to build a center to compliment them. They use Dynavox TD2801XL tweeters and SEAS Prestige CA18RNX (H1215) 7" mids. I would love to build a center and I would guess to use the same speakers in the center as the mains do? I have access to all of the needed woodworking tools for building a cabinet but I am unsure of how to determine if they should be sealed or ported and I have no idea how to figure out what crossover to use or how to build a crossover. any help would be greatly appreciated or if you recommend a good program that can help me complete this.
Thanks,
Chuck
I have just what you need worked up on file. I have Emailed you what you need.

C

chucksrt

Audioholic
what does Dv and Lv refer to concerning a port? says Dv should be 4" and Lv should be 9.366". Sorry if it is a silly question but I tried looking it up and couldn't find anything on it.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
what does Dv and Lv refer to concerning a port? says Dv should be 4" and Lv should be 9.366". Sorry if it is a silly question but I tried looking it up and couldn't find anything on it.
Dv is the vent diameter, and Lv the vent length. I have sent you an Email with a flared vent alternative 4" diameter and 10.4 inches long. Vent velocity is 20 m/sec.

L

Litchwa

Audiophyte
Chuck,

I'm also a JSE Infinite Slope fan and recently complete my speaker system, (4) JSE Model .6s which are the 2-way 8" woofer & 1" tweeter in a vented cabinet, by adding the JSE Model .5 as the center channel speaker. The Model .5 has the same woofer, tweeter, and infinite slope crossover as the Model .6 only in a slightly smaller cabinet. Perfect size for center channel. I simply laid this speaker on it's side and it sounds wonderful. I have a spare Model .5 left over that might suit your needs. You could check with John Sollecito at Source Loudspeakers and confirm that the Model .5 woofer & tweeter would blend well with your Model 1s. Feel free to send me a PM.

Ward

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis